Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered Mr. Josh's pulley. What should I expect?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Expect what? The pulley should have a small groove so the pulley can seat nicely into the engine pulley position. You will need at least a 3 ft breaker bar and something/someone to have the brakes engaged (I used a wooden board to prop it) while you're trying to take off the 22mm (I think?) crankshaft bolt. The car will try to move forward/backward when you are trying to loosen the nut. The nut will need a bit of work and strength on it to loosen it up. Expect 1-2 hours installation time. I did mine by myself, but scratched a few fins on the back side of the radiator when trying to take out the fans. :eek: Sorry, I can't remember the torque range for the crankshaft pulley.

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it make a noticeable performance difference?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
The engine ran noticibly smoother (this was before the single point ground mod was done), and low range to midrange has noticibly more torque. My G-tech measured out an 8hp difference on one run. You can expect a good hp feel. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. I wouldn't want to take it off if someone paid me $100. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts