Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

What kind of fuel economy are you getting?

• <17-20

Votes: 52 20.0%
  • 21-23

Votes: 102 39.2%
  • 24-27

Votes: 89 34.2%
  • 27+

Votes: 17 6.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 86 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so what kind of fuel economy is everyone getting? And if you've done something to the motor, post it along with your typical driving habits.

Me, 21-22 mpg mixed use, WOT. :)
Cobb intake, NGK copper plugs, UOR UDP.

·
Registered
95 Posts
MY00 RS with
JC Sports (ack) intake
UDP
Apex N1cat-back exhaust
used to have an AFC to lean things out...so I got about 1 or 2 MPG better...

but still getting around 22 or 23, off 89 grade gas

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,537 Posts
MY00 2.5RS 5-speed
GanzFlow CAI w/ K&N panel filter
Stromung axle-back exhaust
Short shifter
Mixed driving, but at least 110 miles freeway per week, some of that at WOT:eek: Then around town stuff, too. Getting right about 24 MPG every tank, pretty much always have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
about 350 a tank in my rs...
a tank being around 14 or so per fillup. doing math... so around 25. I'm positive I could get much better, but I drive like a tool. my only salvation is 3/4 of it's highway miles.
AO

·
Registered
32 Posts
The best mileage I have ever gotten is 438 miles to one full tank of gas (15 gallons or so).

The worst I have gotten is 150 miles to the same amount of fuel.

You could say my mileage varies....

The 400+ was with stock everything and on the highway. I haven't seen anything like that since performing the snorkusectomy and adding a stromung muffler. My driving style has quite a bit to do with my lousy fuel economy.

EDIT-

<17-20 is redundant. If it is less than 17 it is less than 20, by definition.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
I wish I got that kind of efficiency!:eek:

I only have a cobb intake and get about 18mpg. I guess it doesn't help that I work .5 miles from work! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
588 Posts
I get around 26-28 mpg. I have a ganzflow intake, scoobysport exhaust and the debil in my foot:devil: When I go snowboarding though, the mileage drops considerably.

Nick C.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I get around 19-23 in normal commuting, I've gotten 29 on a long highway trip. Damn car is an air brick, I can see the needle drop when I go above 70, which is all the time.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The modifications I've had done are an AEM Cold Air Intake and an Apexi N1 Catback system and my gas mileage has increased since I had both of those put on.
My city gas mileage has remained the same at around 22.5-23 mpg. Highway gas mileage has increased considerably from 28 mpg stock to 33 mpg after mods. I'd say the mods should pay for themselves in the long run if my gas mileage stays this good.
My worst tank was 260 miles on 12 gallons of gas and my best tank was 365 miles on 12 gallons of gas.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm lazy so I didn't look to see if I posted before.

When I was putting 400 miles a week on my car, I got between 25-27 mpg. I was suprised considering the car was being driven at around 80mph with the a/c on. I was using 87 octane fuel and have a Ganzflow with K&N and a WRX muffler.

Much better than the 22 we see out of our 2002 OBS with a Ganzflow and catback. That car is an automatic though.

·
Registered
2000 blue ridge pearl rs
361 Posts
i get about 27 mpg in city driving with some spirited driving down dirt roads but when im not on dirt roads i keep the revs real low(usually below 3 grand). last night i got 156.3 miles on 4.289 gallons during interstate driving(70-75). that comes out to 36.4 mpg. i dont think i really believe that but when i filled up for gas i crammed as much gas in the tank as i could so it has to be right.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts