Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving to cleveland Ohio to go to Ohio Tech for 2 years. Need a job while im out there, id love to get a job with a subie dealer like i have now, or a speed shop, whatever as long as im not delivering pizzas (unless its in an STI haha)

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh, took two years at Boces (like a vocational school), lots of home garage tinkering, won a few competitions, pretty good amount of experiance.

·
Registered
Non-RS
1,294 Posts
Where are you going to be living at?

"Cleveland" is a huge area- I say I'm from Cleve but in reality I grew up 45+ min away. I'll try to keep these within a 45 min radius but I haven't lived there for two years so I can't make promises.

Fidanza- Perry, OH http://www.fidanza.com/
Buscher- Wakeman, OH http://www.buschurracing.com/
Slick Motorsports- Brook Park, OH http://www.streetperformance.com/parts/slick-motorsports.html
Back Street Performance- Medina, OH http://www.backstreetper.com/

You could always work at Summit in the warehouse or showroom. Which is more in the Akron area though, but more likely you could get a job there. http://www.summitracing.com/hr/

These are the only ones I can think of right now. Most are small-ish places that would probably only hire anyone for "bitch work" but you never know.

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Yeh, took two years at Boces (like a vocational school), lots of home garage tinkering, won a few competitions, pretty good amount of experiance.
me too... all the same stuff you listed above... and i went to OTC for about 3 months and didnt learn a thing, so i withdrew and went to a different school... and also their associates program... the credits dont transfer to anything so in reality its not an acredited program...

i mean we had the head automotive director subing for us one day and he told my class that the cam shafts spin twice as fast as the crank... which it is the opposite... and i pointed it out and he insisted he was right....

they also told me that my class size was going to be like 12-15 kids... it was really like 30+ and every teach i had there couldnt keep the class under control.... soo i peaced out of that joint

i even had a full paid scholarship from OTC and i felt like i was still wasting my time out there..

hopefully things have changed over the past to years :-\

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
I know Summit is hiring....they sent me a mailer wanting me to "join the team". OTC is on the southwest side of CLE if I remember, so you might have a long commute if workin at Summit. Honestly, I'd hit up an of the smaller indypendent shops to see if they have anything for you. There's more outside CLE than in it......you wanna stay outside for sure.

Miss2.5RS: Where are you from? C-bus is more than 45min from CLE.......

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill try summit, but theres a few shops in town as well, also Fidanza is 5 mins from here, as well as a few of the other companies Miss2.5RS posted

·
Registered
Non-RS
1,294 Posts
I know Summit is hiring....they sent me a mailer wanting me to "join the team". OTC is on the southwest side of CLE if I remember, so you might have a long commute if workin at Summit. Honestly, I'd hit up an of the smaller indypendent shops to see if they have anything for you. There's more outside CLE than in it......you wanna stay outside for sure.

Miss2.5RS: Where are you from? C-bus is more than 45min from CLE.......
I grew up ~45 min from Cleve. I now live in Cbus (which is obviously more than 45 min away..)

I'm from the Chardon area. Middle of nowhere. :)

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Ahh......okay. I grew up in Mentor and live in Willoughby. I learned the finer aspect of driving on the backroads of Chradon, Munson, Kirtland, Thompson, etc.....Lots of nice gravel roads!

Banshee.....Fidanza is in Perry Village. You must be too, or Painesville Twp. since 5 min. drive in any direction from their shop is farmland. I was just out there monday to get a correct friction insert for my flywheel. The vice president said sales have been a little sluggish for the time of year, but expects it to bounc back. I dunno if they're looking for anyone, but it never hurts to ask. Wiseco Piston is always hiring. They're in Mentor. I can see if Cometic Gasket is hiring. They're in Concord, very near I90.

·
Registered
Non-RS
1,294 Posts
Nice, my dad lives in Mentor. Too bad I wasn't into subarus at all when I lived there lol. It would have made winter a lot easier!!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I might try weisco too, there not far from my school. I live in North Olmstead near the airport.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
In that case, Supertrapp and I think Holley are just across the way, in Brookpark. More of a factory job, but closer than heading way east from North Olmstead on a daily basis.

Fred Baker is in Bedford.....Roadracer with a long history of pro racing.
Galati Imports is also in North Olmstead.....that's Michael Galati's (of the Speed world challenge series) shop. Might be able to get in there doing grunt work

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool, any subie shops around here? I found one guy who builds boxers for planes, lol.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Really? Where at? I need some rings for a phase II EJ22......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts