Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on this forum for a week or two and I really like it comparied to the i-club :biggest: But I noticed that this forum moves really slow comparied to the other forum.?

I am not trying to start a flame war but it just seems slow.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Well, I-Club is running faster servers and a faster connection - I'm only running this out of my basement with a Celeron 800/100 with 512mb RAM and a 768k uplink to the world.

Also, there were 45 some-odd people on today, all at once, so that tends to slow things down.

I may consider getting a newer machine, but I have a backup web server that I'd have to replace at the same time, so nothing soon....

But for a one-man show, I think it works okay for now. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actually for me, this site moves WAY faster than the "other" club's forum. That other one just hangs sometimes and really pisses me off. Go RS25.com!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like this forum "better" only for the fact that I can post here with out haveing an problems and the people on this forum seem a little bit nicer then what I have seen on the other forum. I am not saying that there assholes, it just seems that other people on different forums tend to fly off the handle a little. And for you RS25.com, you are doing a great job at keeping this forum going so well for a one man show. Maybe I am just use to the i-clubs speed of doing things....

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I personally think the I-Club tends to move a little TOO fast for me some days. I have to admit one thing that bothers me on the I-Club is that you can start a new thread, and then come back a few hours later to see what's happening with it, and it's like 4 pages deep because so many other people started new threads after you or replied to threads on there.

I think it's kind of nice here in regards to being able to make a post and come back and it's still somewhere on the same page. :lol:

So for me, I guess slower is somewhat better. :D

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn Coupe
144 Posts
I am on a 56K and I don't see any difference in speed. This site sometimes moves "faster" for me actually. Mostly due to the pages with "now forwarding you to..." on the i-Club taking FOREVER at times. Usually right before they kick me off with the "Server is to busy at the moment, try agin later"

Bleh.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts