Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be moving to Irvine with Lauren (my girlfriend) this summer, and I am gonna need some help finding decent apartments. Anyone in Irvine area, email me.

-Andy

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moving to Irvine for a job that pays very well. I am a computer guy, and there are computer jobs there.

Whats wrong with Irvine? I am sure some parts of Irvine are bad, but I have also been in some really nice areas. Have a missed something?

-Andy

Besides...could it suck worse then Mammoth...a town of 5,000?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
RallyImprezive said:
Moving to Irvine for a job that pays very well. I am a computer guy, and there are computer jobs there.

Whats wrong with Irvine? I am sure some parts of Irvine are bad, but I have also been in some really nice areas. Have a missed something?

-Andy
It's "nice" don't get me wrong. You'll love it if you don't have a pulse. Don’t have too many beers and try to get home because you won’t be able to recognize your house as every house or apartment in the entire fucking town looks the same.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am hoping there are night clubs, and concerts to go too... and Newport is pretty close. I just sleep and play computer games at home, the rest of my life is spent out doing things. My g/f will be going to UCI, and I am sure there is a decent college night life.

Oh yea, I am only 21 so I will be in an apartment anyway. No long term plans to live there for the rest of my life. I am just excited to be closer to Suby people, and actual stores and Malls, something Mammoth does NOT have.

-Andy

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
RallyImprezive said:
I am sure there is a decent college night life.

:lol: That's a good one!! UCI kids having a good time. Let's see do you like Uno and move sleep overs?
I think Play Boy voted UCI the least fun school in the world.

I live in Long Beach. If you want to have some fun come up my way:devil:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Irvine is for fucking yuppies. Try Newport, Costa Mesa, Dana Point, Laguna....all close to the Yuppy capitol of the world

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Quick WRX said:
Irvine is for fucking yuppies. Try Newport, Costa Mesa, Dana Point, Laguna....all close to the Yuppy capitol of the world
Dude that's a Yuppy area!!! It's all about East Los... Homes!!!

Por Vida ESE!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, I feel much better now.
I guess I should say "Irvine area" I am willing to commute to work. My job will be just off of the 405 by Jamboree...if anyone knows that area.

-Andy

·
Registered
2000 Subaru GC8 v5
255 Posts
If the address if Park Plaza, which I think is off of main and jamboree...stay at the apts across the street. Heck, walk to work!

Irvine is boring... You'll have to skip town for nightlife.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
codemunky said:
If the address if Park Plaza, which I think is off of main and jamboree...stay at the apts across the street. Heck, walk to work!

Irvine is boring... You'll have to skip town for nightlife.
Actually, yes, it is the building on the corner of Jamboree and Main. JNR Corp Suite 200. i have not been there yet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Agreed. Irvine is boring. UCI is boring. I went there. :eek:

PS - You and your g/f should elope, go to vegas, get married, and live in Verano Place (married and grad housing) at UCI. Cheap on campus apt. living, nice 2 bedroom apt. for $500 a month!!! (circa. mid-90s)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ride Operator said:
Agreed. Irvine is boring. UCI is boring. I went there. :eek:

PS - You and your g/f should elope, go to vegas, get married, and live in Verano Place (married and grad housing) at UCI. Cheap on campus apt. living, nice 2 bedroom apt. for $500 a month!!! (circa. mid-90s)
We are going to go to Greece sometime for a vacation, and I am going to propose to her there. Besides we are too young.

Thanks for the idea though.

I think we will be able to make the best of Irvine. Its not like we have to stay IN Irvine. Besides, the last thing I need is for her to get all caught up in the night life and college life and meet some other guy.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey Andy!
Remember me??? Glad to see that you and your girl are closer now! I work in Irvine and live in Anaheim. I'd prefer the drive (20 mins) to Irvine's high rent ANY day. What are you looking for? 1 bedroom? How much you looking to spend? Mine is a roomy 1 bedroom off the 5 freeway for $795 /mo. Your best bet is neither magazines nor newspapers... try just roaming the area you want to be in on a free Saturday or something. Trust me... I spent 3 months looking for one in a decent area and affordable. Good luck!
~Bris~

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Of course I remember you Bris. Nail Polish bottle.

Anyway,
I agree, I will most likely just drive around looking for "Space for Rent" signs. I am looking for a BIG 1 bed room, or smaller 2 bedroom place. This all depends whether or not I get the job I am going for. Looks promising, but ya never know. My salary will also determine my limit. If I get as much as I think I will...I am willing to spend about $1000 a month...MAX.

-Andy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts