Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a kenwood 12" sub and box for my trunk..im not sure if i should mount it with screws and L brackets cause the gas tank is in that area and i dont want to hit any lines or the tank itself..

how did you guys mount your subs?

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
I'm gonna mount mine soon, I'm thinking about just putting a thin piece of wood in the trunk and bolting the sub with L brackets, and the subs down with regular screws, just make sure they aren't too long so the screws don't go thru the wood

·
Registered
04 STi silver
624 Posts
i used pd board cut to the shape of the trunk then put carpet down then screwed everything amp cap subs to that board adds a lot of weight tho. tip you can use your carpet as a template and just keep trimming it until it fits.

·
Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,558 Posts
I did mine super ghetto but easy for removal. Installed a strip of wood along the top of the front face and run a bungie cord under that and secure it to my rear strut brace. ghetto but it works.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
I had a some thin pieces wood wrapped in carpet and just screwed them down into the board on 3 sides...

·
Registered
95GF4 , 99SF5
1,207 Posts
Lots of velcro strips. If you velcro the base and at least one side it won't go anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts