Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are pleased to announce that we will be offering the Morette twin light kits for the North American market. Morette has been producing such kits since the 80's, and these are a proven setup.

While we may eventually offer their full line for US Spec cars, for the time being, it's just for the Subaru. This first round will be exclusively for RS25 and the Impreza GC, and will be limited to a maximum of 25 people. No pickup will be available, all lights will ship to the respective buyers.

This twin beam kit fits all 1997-2001 models - L, Outback, RS. If your car is a 1993-1996, these lights will not fit unless you change to the later headlight/hood/grille. This kit converts you to a twin beam setup - one for your main beams, and one for the high beams. Not only does it look amazing, whether the lights are on or off, the light output is considerably improved vs the standard old lenses. Installation takes about an hour using simple hand tools. The outer casing is made from durable ABS plastic and comes in a nice satin black color. This can be left as is, or, removed and painted.

The lights are offered in 2 lense types: Standard and Diamond Lense.

Diamond Lense on left, standard lense on right

The Standard uses an H4 main beam, and H2 high beam. The Diamond lense uses an H4 main beam and H1 high beam, and offers increased light output and a more modern overall look. Both lense types are DOT legal. All bulbs are included, so they are ready to use.

Our goal here is to bring the pricing back to normalized levels for the North American market, without having the end user deal with importation costs, customs and brokerage fees, etc. The pricing posted here is delivered to your door. In addition, we will build up a ready inventory of spare parts as well for those with existing lights. Lenses and plastics covers will be stocked in the future with us as well for those who need it. If you have existing standard lenses, you can upgrade to the revised Diamond lense as well. Enquire within.

Introductory pricing will be as follows for this first round:

$579 delivered in the 48 states for the pair with Standard Lense, $588 for Diamond Lense;

$618 shipped for Standard Lense to Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii, $627 for Diamond Lense;

$629 shipped to Canada for Standard Lense, $637 shipped for Diamond Lense.

For shipping elsewhere, contact us via pm.

Ordering is live as of today, and ends 2/24/2014. Delivery to the buyers will be ~mid April. This will be the sole introductory deal we will do for the GC's, and pricing will be approximately $100 higher once this deal closes out and will stabilize there, assuming currency rates and freight costs remain constant.

To order, pm us your full name and email address and we will email you an invoice. Payment for Canadian customers is via bank transfer or money order only. We do not use Paypal at all, sorry.

Thanks!

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Oh nice. Like $220 cheaper than they use to be. I'm not one for Morettes, but this is a great deal for those that do.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh nice. Like $220 cheaper than they use to be. I'm not one for Morettes, but this is a great deal for those that do.
Yep to the US, you're right that's what it works out to be vs the ways of getting them new for the last 8 years. Even when this introductory price ends, and the retail price takes over, it will still be considerably less than the current Euro based pricing. That was our goal, to bring these back to the market here, and maintain supply of the replacement parts so existing owners can refresh old sets they may have tucked away in their basements

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
So tempting!!

I know there are a few people out there looking for replacement lights, if you could score those I am sure they would be happy!

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when will the replacement parts start being sold?

i need the hosing since a deer took it out.
Limited stock will be available as part of this first order, and then it will be added to based on demand. Give me a few days and I will have replacement part pricing worked out For both Impreza and Legacy units (I love these lights on the BD Legacy..super rare though)

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Any plans on getting the bugeye morettes?

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,264 Posts
Subscribing. Dual beam fixtures may actually solve me from melting the high-temp nylon bulb harness I had to make for my RSTi.

I have it wired such that the low beam filament doesn't shut off when the high beam is turned on. Dumps tons of light on the road, but I have to replace the nylon plug every 3-4 years due to heat issues.

You can kinda see how it's wired up here:

Low beam is constantly on as long as the lights are on, high beam triggers a relay to enable high and low at the same time.

-- Dave

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,659 Posts
Wow, never thought I would see these new ever again. Def a good price in comparison to what they used to be!

·
Registered
00 Impreza RS
54 Posts
These have always been my favorite lights, give the gc8 a mean look.
I'd be interested in some new lenses, all 4 of mine need replaced and my wiring is fried.
Shoot me a PM if you have pricing on replacement lenses and/or wire harness, thanks!

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Any plans on getting the bugeye morettes?
Perhaps in the future, not on this order unless enough guys here request 'em. Same goes for the Legacy (BD/BG). The way these are being handled on the logistical side, want to keep part #'s to a minimum. We'll build up inventory based on demand

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These have always been my favorite lights, give the gc8 a mean look.
I'd be interested in some new lenses, all 4 of mine need replaced and my wiring is fried.
Shoot me a PM if you have pricing on replacement lenses and/or wire harness, thanks!
lenses and plastic outer housing, yes, wiring harneses, no sorry those won't be available

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.