1. Honestly, I don't know the number. I was using the guide on the inside of the "change drawer" that sits in front of the fuses. The fuse that is labeled "front fogs" is blowing each time I try to turn them on.RS25.com said:1. What fuse do they blow?
2. Why did you remove the fuse for the ABS? (Did I read that right?)
3. What is the basic hookup?
4. Are you using a relay to provide power to the fogs, or are you running power from an existing power line (say, your headlights)?
2. I only removed the fuse for the ABS once I realized that the dash light was not turning off, and then only to see if the fuse had blown.
3. The basic hookup, as best I can describe it, is as follows: I have one wire tapped into the the driver's side high beam lead. That wire runs directly back to the switch I installed in my dash. There is a wire for power that runs from the positive terminal of the battery into a relay. There is another wire that runs from the relay to each of the lights. (It's one wire that splits to go to the lights.) There is a wire that runs from my dash switch into the relay, and then there are seperate grounds for the dash switch, the relay, and each of the lights. Also, the dash swithc I'm using is not the one that came with the set-up. I bought one that would fit in an existing dash blank, and hooked it up as follows: The wire from the switch to the relay is on the terminal marked "power", the wire from the switch to the high beam lead is on the terminal marke "acc", and the ground wire is on the terminal marked "ground".
4. The fogs themselves are the factory set-up, not touched at all. The new lights are, as described above, on a relay, but are tied into the high beam lead.
I guess I'm confused by the issue with the fogs blowing their fuse, as they are not tied in to the new wiring at all. And the fuse only blows when I try to turn on the fogs, not the driving lights. And I can't figure out what in the hell the ABS light has to do with any of it.
One other (and possibly important) point, just to prove what an idiot I am...I forgot to disconnect the the positive battery terminal tonight when I was grounding the lights. Somehow, I just know this is where I cocked things up.
Thanks for the assistance....