Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
05 LGT limited
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked up the alignmnet specs in the Hunter computer at work last week, and was surprised to find that the camber spec is approximately -0.4 front, and -1.5 rear. HUH? serious under-steer city! In all my experience both with fullsize cars and with R/C on-road touring cars, that is gonna make the car push like a SOB in the corners.

My first question is has anyone with adjustable top mounts experimented with increasing the front negative camber to say like -0.7 and decreasing the rear to about -0.9 or so? If so, what where the results? I realize that this would cause some excessive front tire wear for street use, but with adjustable top mounts it would be easy enough to mark the settings and go back to near stock when you're not on the track.

Second question, the rear lower arms have one adjustable arm per side, for setting toe. Both of the arms look to be the same length, so could the non-adjustable arm be replaced with another adjustable arm, allowing toe and camber changes, or is there some difference in the mounting that won't allow this? It won't be as quick as an adjustable top mount, but it would be cheaper, and I think the the rear camber set at -0.9 or so would be fine on the track or the street.

· Registered
05 LGT limited
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I know the rear camber is non-adjustable, hence the question if the one non-adjustable arm per side could be interchanged with the adjustable one. That would allow camber and toe to be adjusted in the rear.

Since when is the front camber adjustable in stock form? The top mount is fixed, and the strut to steering knuckle bolts don't have an eccentric, so they can't be adjusted either.

· Registered
05 LGT limited
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered my rear camber adjustment bolts and 225-45-16 Kumho's, and short shifter today. I ordered my SPT springs last night... :cool:
Now hurry up UPS:run:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.