Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
MY99 OBS GF4 v2 STI RA EJ20G
1,421 Posts
I thought you already announced this in a thread earlier.... :p so make one of threads official. talk to the Mod

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,331 Posts
works for me... Lets make this the official thread.

Next meet will be on December 13th!!! (Can this be a Sticky?)
I'll be attending for sure. My last final is the 12th so it calls for celebration!

Some tips for people attending.

- Bring warm clothing. It's becoming winter and it can get cold out there at night.
- Wear shoes unless you don't mind getting your flip-flops really sandy. The sand is kinda muddy, not like 'beach' sand.
- Bring wood! The more the better. If everyone brings a little bit then it takes the load off someone having to bring a whole bunch themselves.
- Even if you can only drop by for an hour or so, come on by!
- You don't have to own an Impreza, or even a Subaru. We meet to relax and have some laughs.

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,331 Posts
Haha word! I'll bring the BBQ Grill section this time around so we don't have to do some makeshift grill.

·
Registered
1999 OBS
435 Posts
Haha word! I'll bring the BBQ Grill section this time around so we don't have to do some makeshift grill.
you can't be serious matt. our bbq rig on the first meet was the shit, aside from all the smoke getting in our eyes. i'll bring the usual and some San Diego Chicken. got the recipe from a Men's Health cook book.

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,331 Posts
you can't be serious matt. our bbq rig on the first meet was the shit, aside from all the smoke getting in our eyes. i'll bring the usual and some San Diego Chicken. got the recipe from a Men's Health cook book.
:lol: It did work but it would be a bitch to cook anything larger or heavier than carne asada on such a device.

·
Registered
1999 OBS
435 Posts
good point. bring the camera as well. i'll probably be out there early again. i'm still gettin with justin on this.

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,331 Posts
good point. bring the camera as well. i'll probably be out there early again. i'm still gettin with justin on this.
For sure man. I'll get some better photos this time around. The last few were iffy since I wasn't familiar with the location. I wanna try get some more action shots from above on that embankment. I'll talk with JZoo7 to see what I can do to improve my photo skills. I'm rustier than an old nail when it comes to car photography :(

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
I think they look sick. hey the action shot of my car is my wallpaper on my iphone when I first turn it on. I'll have a new addition to my car's external for the next meet.

I talked to my schedule person today at work.. she is thinking that I will be able to not work the 13th. I'll know by tomorrow. if Not, I'll try to switch shifts with someone else...

I got the water again! LMAO (never took it out. as well as everything else in my trunk. Chair, corn tortillas *trunk smells like it now!* plates, napkins, plastic silverware, bamboo skewers!)

i'll just bring that shit again. I'll call you guys in the next week or so to touch base... (Lets all meet up for a hookah sesh soon!?!)

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,331 Posts
Alright guys, here's what I've been up to and thinking.

Let's make things a little more official. I registered sandiegoscoobs[dot]com (only $10) and put a small logo together. I'm going to see if I can get a few stickers printed out before the next bonfire meet. The reason I want to make it a little more official is that if we want to get more people out to the meets, we need to have a central place to post up info that isn't on a specific forum like here or nasioc. Also, it's called San Diego Scoobs so as to not single out those who don't own imprezas.

My inspiration for all of this stems from when Michael (NW OBS) came to me asking for a logo for his chapter of the Southern Oregon Impreza Club. I found it very cool that they managed to get a solid group of people together to have have consistent meets. Let's get the same thing going on here in San Diego!

Also, anyone who wants to pull together a website or even alter the logo please, be my guest. Anyone who wants to have a part in the organization and creation of all this is welcome.

1 - 20 of 593 Posts