Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Toyota RAV4 Sport(V6 4WD)
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
THREAD HAS BEEN PAUSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE READ POST#11

I have recently been offered a new job with a better pay rate. :banana: That being said my 01' RS has served its purpose. It has been a great car and I am the only owner. In fact I was one of the first people to order the 01 RS from my local dealership (Warden Martin Subaru).

I have attached a link to the photos I have taken (46 in total). Just curious what the cars value is in the current market. I will be getting an 09 Legacy GT in the near future and really don't have the space to keep both, but will if needed. Can always store it up for a Ver8/Ver9 swap in the future :rolleyes:

Based on other ads on our forum and eBay I am guessing it is around $4000-$4500. I have not seen many that have no modifications and are one owner vehicles though so that may help. Car still gets 28-29mpg on my weekly drives to Chicago and back. It does have the typical rear fender rust but it is only on the drivers side and does not penetrate all the way through. Also, I do drive like a grandpa so the engine does not see north of 4K rpms EVER, that could be seen as good or bad depending on what you want to use it for. Even when the car was new (around 12K mi) it was only taken to Coles County Dragway (1/8th mile) once. Did a couple of test-&-tune passes against my brothers modded 55 Chevy and have never raced again. I don't really see this car as a racer in its current form and being my first car and only means of transportation the risk was too high.

Also, if you go to the photobook site you will see that the trans was replaced (professionally) at ~96K miles due to a bad 5 gear and at around 188,500 in December 2011 the car was rear ended by a Honda Accord. The Accord, of course, took the brunt of the damage as he dipped under the rear of my car. That said the exhaust muffler was bent a little askew and the rear bumper has some scratches. Beyond that the car is solid.

The engine has had the timing belt, accessory belts, water pump, A/C compressor, alternator, radiator/coolant tubes, and valve cover gaskets all changed within the past year. Also the passenger CV boot was just replaced last week at the local dealership (1/4/12).

Finally, in the interest of full disclosure there is a very slight head gasket leak on the drivers side, but upon visiting multiple mechanics it was found to be a seeping issue. Meaning that in 5K miles of driving the engine loses approximately 1/10th of a quart. I simply use some brake cleaner and a rag to clean up the little spots. No blue smoke or or coolant issues. Another potential issue down the line is a slight whine coming from the A/C compressor. When it was replaced I got it from Salvage Search off an 00' RS. It was a grade A part and was professionally installed, but given over 10 years of use it may need some work or more A/C lubricant added in the future. The A/C still runs ice cold so I am not sure when that day will come.

Thanks for looking and your help in determining the value.

Charles

Master Photo Link:
http://photobucket.com/2001Impreza2_5RS

Ordered it with every available option except leather and the rally gauges and/or altimeter. Has the alarm, the drivers subwoofer, sunroof, etc.

:projectsti.com:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback Lifeless. Having sold my BMW on eBay back in 09' I will probably stick to forums and non-pay sites. Not really looking to move the car too soon, but am horrible at assessing the true value of cars so wanted to see what 'experts' thought.

·
Registered
'01 STM RS
50 Posts
I am not on CICENET....Not even sure what that is? :lol:
Central Illinois Car Enthusiast Network. You might want to join with us, a member on there posted his RS sedan and it sold very quickly, you might have some good luck there. It's great forum to be on too, a lot of AutoX guys on there as well.

I'm actually from the Danville area, basically I'm smack in the middle between Danville and C/U.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,571 Posts
Where in Chicago are you? I live near Jefferson St and Lake. We should meet up sometime. I have never seen a swapped GC8 in person, especially when our cars look so similar.

Best,
C.H.
I'm actually out in Cary about 40 miles northwest of Chicago, but when I say I'm from Cary no one has a clue what that is and ask if I'm from Gary. But I'd be up for meeting up, we usually have meets maybe every three months or so and you're definitely welcome to show up!
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f30/t156552-1-rs25-chicagoland-meet-thread.html

·
Registered
MY00 STM 4D 2.5RS 250K
15 Posts
Personally, im sure you can get easily 4k for it. Try ebay, since your the first owner, it might have even a high resale value.
4K with the head gasket leak? Just verifying. The statement says the valve cover gaskets got fixed and that the leak is the usual driver side head gasket. That needs to be fixed. Either by dealer 2K or by owner at $103 In my case at 220K)

GLWS...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As a feeler thread I have gotten an amazing response from members and 'randoms' from the web through private messages. That being said I think I need to close this thread as I, or they, have a misunderstanding of what I meant by feeler. I do not have my other car even picked out yet, so while the offers are very generous there is nothing I can do with them at this point. I was merely looking to see if there was interest. There clearly is and I thank all of those who have responded. When I have my other car chosen and purchased I will restart this thread and try to contact those who have contacted me.

Also, to respond to POCHO8 I don't think you understand the concept of a 'seeping' gasket. While it sounds like you have changed your own, when you open a completely OEM motor you are potentially going to cause more problems than you will solve. This leak amounts to 8-10 drops of oil over the course of 5K miles of driving. Not worth $2K to fix and certainly not worth the headache that could come. I had a whole thread dedicated to this last year.

Thank you again for all of the positive feedback everyone.

Best,
C.H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.