Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza L Sdn, AssWhite
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you folks think is the feasability in modding the front bumper fog light cut outs on a 2000 L to fit a set of JDM Legacy dual projector fog light assembly's?

Mod these:

to fit a set of these:

I'm really interested in throwing more light out on my L, without having to replace the front bumper cover to an RS (to accept larger round fogs) or installing a light bar with PIAA's or a similar aftermarket set-up.

Comments, suggestions?

Thx,
Jay

·
Registered
04 STi silver
624 Posts
get so measurements and if it close do it up. i would like to see. back when i had my stock 98 rs bumper i had those and they where useless.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the pics it looks like the LH side Legacy projector may have to be fitted in the RH side of my L bumper cover...I dont know if this will affect projector beam location and distance...I'm trying to find out if the Legacy housings have an adjustment for the projector beams.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking into this further I noticed behind the factory fog cut out is a large chunk of sheet metal making it virtually impossible to install the Leg units into the same area without major hacking....kinda sux
There's only 3 3/4" depth on the top of the bracket to the outside of the bumper lip and 1.5" at the bottom from the bracket to the bumper lip...its just not enough room.

Now I'm back to finding a fog light to fit where the optional projector would mount.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have you looked at Hella DE lights? I believe they fit, I remember looking at them a couple years ago instead of the stock fog lights (then I totaled my car)

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
give me a couple of days and i can messure the USDM GT fogs look like the same housing but not projectors a freind has the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts