Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'03 Jetta GLI VR6
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two almost brand new Pirelli winter tires but they are quite old, at least 8 years but have never been used (long story). Since there is only 2 tires and obviously i need 4, can i just buy any 2 winter tires I want or should I find similar Pirelli's?

I know its early for winter tire questions but living in Canada and it being single digit degree(9c!) last night has me worried :lol:

Cheers,

Joel

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Your center diff wont like it...

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,086 Posts
I have two almost brand new Pirelli winter tires but they are quite old, at least 8 years but have never been used (long story). Since there is only 2 tires and obviously i need 4, can i just buy any 2 winter tires I want or should I find similar Pirelli's?

I know its early for winter tire questions but living in Canada and it being single digit degree(9c!) last night has me worried :lol:

Cheers,

Joel
You never should put tires on your car that are that old.

Tires dry rot and have to be replaced after that long.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
You never should put tires on your car that are that old.

Tires dry rot and have to be replaced after that long.
It would highly depend on the environment they were left in. But yeah I agree with this as well it could actually be dangerous to run tires that old. Look at the date code on the tire and find out when it was made.

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
no lie tires have experation dates... those 8 year old tires have a veryyyyyyyyy high risk of blow outs or other things

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
I would sell them and try to buy a matching set of winter tires. They aren't that expensive (not nearly as expensive as summer performance tires) and you can probably pay for one of the tires by selling your two old ones.

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
I would sell them and try to buy a matching set of winter tires. They aren't that expensive (not nearly as expensive as summer performance tires) and you can probably pay for one of the tires by selling your two old ones.
and possibly kill someone by selling then pos tires

·
Registered
'03 Jetta GLI VR6
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I has a suspicion that they were far too old, guess i was right...

Any recommendations for winter tires?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts