Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
'03 Jetta GLI VR6
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two almost brand new Pirelli winter tires but they are quite old, at least 8 years but have never been used (long story). Since there is only 2 tires and obviously i need 4, can i just buy any 2 winter tires I want or should I find similar Pirelli's?

I know its early for winter tire questions but living in Canada and it being single digit degree(9c!) last night has me worried :lol:

Cheers,

Joel

· Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,724 Posts
I have two almost brand new Pirelli winter tires but they are quite old, at least 8 years but have never been used (long story). Since there is only 2 tires and obviously i need 4, can i just buy any 2 winter tires I want or should I find similar Pirelli's?

I know its early for winter tire questions but living in Canada and it being single digit degree(9c!) last night has me worried :lol:

Cheers,

Joel
You never should put tires on your car that are that old.

Tires dry rot and have to be replaced after that long.

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
3,496 Posts
You never should put tires on your car that are that old.

Tires dry rot and have to be replaced after that long.
It would highly depend on the environment they were left in. But yeah I agree with this as well it could actually be dangerous to run tires that old. Look at the date code on the tire and find out when it was made.

· Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,509 Posts
I would sell them and try to buy a matching set of winter tires. They aren't that expensive (not nearly as expensive as summer performance tires) and you can probably pay for one of the tires by selling your two old ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.