Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep, Malboro is kicking the Mitsubishi WRC team to the curb for next season. no offical word yet on who they will lavish with their millions of dollars, but rumor has it that they are going to help out those poor orphans at Puegot :curse: because, of course, they don't have enough money as it is :stinky: fucking frogs.

anyway, in other news, now Sainz has joined McRae in saying he'll take a pay cut to drive with a competitive team next year. my money says at least one of them will end up at little puegot, often refered to as citroen. of course, if McRae came back to subaru... :drool: just think about it. McRae, Makinen, and Solberg as the boys in blue. it would be frog giggin' time :D

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
:eek: what the heck is mit going to do next session? it's already pretty sad for them this year. without the 'cowboy', how are they going to last?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are going to be three battles next year. Pug vs Citroen. Subaru vs Ford. Hyundai vs Mitsu vs Skoda.

subaru has been showing alot of potential in stage times this year, there's just no consistancy. ford can also be competitive, but if they loose colin its game over i suspect. mistu is slipping fast. loosing major sponsorship isn't going to help. hyundai is improving, but i don't know how far they can go with what they got. skoda, well, skoda is trying to rally a fucking boat. when i was in Israel and got to see all these cars in person, i was amazed by the size of the octavia. think passat. then think metro with the 206 and xsara. everyone else is inbetween.

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
i try my best to stay with the wrc news, but don't have speedvision.. :( So is Citroen going to run whole year next year? Man, you got to see the cars in person? Wish I could... I guess it's hard to say what is going to happen next year until the drivers have decided who they are going to drive for....

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was neat getting to see all the european cars in person. of course, seeing the true GC8 WRX's and Legacy B4s was my favorite :D there's a thread all about it in off topic or something.

i actually just started getting speedvision, but i don't get any news from them. check out rally live for news and up to the minute stage times.

yes, citroen is going to be running a full calender next year. some of the rallies will be new to them, but not too many. and if they secure a top notch driver, they may be able to give pugeot a run for the money.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, its offical. Malboro and the Pugs have signed a 4 year deal.

The new deal between Marlboro and the French manufacturer is rumoured to run to tens of millions of pounds, however the exact figure is not known.
this is not good for making a close championship. hmm, who does malboro sponsor in F1 again?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Warp3 said:

:lol: :roflmao: :lol:
Actually, I've heard rumors that they're changing to the Fabia, smaller and faster...should be able to compete with Pugs.

As for Sainz....I'd like to see him go to Citroen. I think he'd get better support and recognition as a driver/former champion. :D Plus he'd probably be able to help the Citroen team develop into a formidable threat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Matt said:

Actually, I've heard rumors that they're changing to the Fabia, smaller and faster...should be able to compete with Pugs.

As for Sainz....I'd like to see him go to Citroen. I think he'd get better support and recognition as a driver/former champion. :D Plus he'd probably be able to help the Citroen team develop into a formidable threat.
I saw a pic of the new skoda its a 2 or 4 door hatch back there is a pick of it in the new Rally XS mag.

I would love to see Tommi do better for subaru, but who knows what happend.

till then Go!!! Petter. I wish he would get his first ever WRC win this year i think it would piss off Pug goat. But i still like burns(hes awsome)

Erik S.

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Ahhh, I hate Burns! He is so fucking fake. AHHHHHHH! So gay he is.
McRae (my favorite driver) needs to get his ass out of the Focus and into the Impreza where he can really drive. He did so well with them before. And as for Solberg, he just needs to drive some more, he is damn good and only getting better!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Foci is correct ;) speaking of which, they have the longest wheel base of any of the rally cars (except the octavia maybe). its actually over 100" :eek: it may look small since its a hatchback, but its actually quite large.

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
So if Marlboro is going to the Pugs.... Will Nicorette still sponsor Richard Burns??? Seems kind of contradictive doesn't it? I bet Marlboro won't allow it either.

Jon

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, that is an interesting point that has come up before, but i haven't seen an answer yet. nicorette is Burn's personal sponsor, Malboro will only be sponsoring the team, so who knows if they will be able to have any say, though for tens of millions of dollars, i suspect they will ;)

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
No way! That would be the coolest thing ever to see! lol! I forgot about that!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welly well. it seems that McRae made a little house call at Citroen and was quite impressed, just a couple of days after ford practically begged him to stay with them :lol: and even better news is that Panizzi probably won't compete in San Remo :biggest:

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
No! McRae cannot go fucking Citroen! ARRRRRR!! NO NO NO NO NO!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
at least then there would be some competition for the pugs. citroen will be getting a world class driver for next season. the only question is who will it be, and McRae is at the top of that list. but maybe carlos will be the third driver at subaru, or, better yet, this time subaru will close the deal with my man Jesus Puras :D they could certainly use a tarmac deity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts