Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 //// BRP 2.5RS coupe
3,368 Posts
pretty much the same as installing most aftermarket oil cooler and radiator ;)

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
have both, just need slim fans for the rad

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Btw was able to use oem metal fan and shrouds, had to just flip one of them

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
Rad is the one you want and the oil cooler will be almost the same but I am not sure if there is enough room on the GC where they put the oil cooler. That one they show is real slim one so it might be good. I have taller one so I know it didn't fit until I had my AC removed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so radiator for sure is going to work but with slim fans (just out of curiosity will it work with stock fans?)

does anyone have any pics or rad and cooler for some references?
thanks.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
Different because I also rock the FMIC:

Best Pic I have atm:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
There is enough room there, although I put my oil cooler under my bumper beam and used oem metal fans behind radiator

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,627 Posts
Just got the Mishimoto 02-05wrx direct fit oil cooler. It will definitely not fit without modifications. Tried mocking it up the way it's mounted on a wrx and it won't fit in the grill area. Gonna try to mount it on the bottom of the radiator support on the front.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Just got the Mishimoto 02-05wrx direct fit oil cooler. It will definitely not fit without modifications. Tried mocking it up the way it's mounted on a wrx and it won't fit in the grill area. Gonna try to mount it on the bottom of the radiator support on the front.
Very interested in this, please take pics.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,627 Posts
Sure, I'll probably do the actual in a few weeks though. Here's what I'm thinking about doing= mount the top bracket upside down and use L brackets to mount to the bottom of the radiator support. The cooler itself will be upside down with the ports on top.
Sorry for the crappy pics:

View from the top:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I had mine mounted to the bottom of radiator support, with lines sticking towards bumper beam. The lines went along bumper beam to a hole near the driver side headlight down to oil sandwich plate. (stiff enough to no touch exhaust manifold)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts