Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L with boost.
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
The wheels are turning. Forgive my slow thought process, I’m running on minimal sleep this last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Pieces are starting to show up for my fuel setup. It’ll be -8AN feed with in line filter, into -6 AN parallel setup with -6 AN return. Leaning towards AEM 340 E85 pump and ID1300 for the rest of delivery unless anyone else has better suggestions. Haven’t purchased pump or fuel cell yet. Ideally I’d like to run a swirl pot with twin pumps, but I’m balling on a budget so maybe down the road.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,716 Posts
That's a lot of fuel! What's the rest of your motor/turbo build?

I wish I would of done an custom AN set-up on my car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
That's a lot of fuel! What's the rest of your motor/turbo build?

I wish I would of done an custom AN set-up on my car.

It’s a hybrid IAG closed deck block with the big port 207 heads, some RCM cams, EFR7163 fog mounted. Some buddies showed me how easy it was to build AN lines if you’re patient. It just seemed the easiest way to go since i wanted to swap everything out do E85 and omit the old stock stuff.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,166 Posts
Hybrid CBD? No weed jokes? Come on guys.

Easy way to build AN lines you say? What is different about your method, I absolutely hate making AN lines?

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,716 Posts
It’s a hybrid IAG closed deck block with the big port 207 heads, some RCM cams, EFR7163 fog mounted. Some buddies showed me how easy it was to build AN lines if you’re patient. It just seemed the easiest way to go since i wanted to swap everything out do E85 and omit the old stock stuff.

Damn, that's one hell of a build!

Looks good man!

And glad you and Fry figured out the metal on metal one metal isn't the best, still, more volume is a bonus!

Keep it up
The years spent researching for my car finally paid off!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Hybrid CBD? No weed jokes? Come on guys.

Easy way to build AN lines you say? What is different about your method, I absolutely hate making AN lines?

I guess easy isn’t the right word ha. But it’s cheaper than paying someone to do it for me. I didn’t mind making the few we did in Japan.

Some CBD might actually help, but I’ve got a few more years of service before i can indulge.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Looks good man!

And glad you and Fry figured out the metal on metal one metal isn't the best, still, more volume is a bonus!

Keep it up

Yeah, I’m glad that finally clicked ha. I’m just going to run the billet ones unless someone wants them before then. I’ve done a lot of learning during this build.

·
Registered
266 Posts
RCM goodies? One of those goodies wouldn't happen to be the reworked timing belt tensioner?

Would be a wise investment if running agressive cams and higher spring pressures

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
RCM goodies? One of those goodies wouldn't happen to be the reworked timing belt tensioner?

Would be a wise investment if running agressive cams and higher spring pressures

Just an older grind of the Ver 8 single AVCS track camshaft. I guess they don’t make it anymore, or i couldn’t find it on their website. I believe it’s 274/266 (would have to find the sheet in a box somewhere) but i bought them like 2 years ago. We put a new OEM tensioner on there when the motor was built.

And some 70# dual springs. Nothing crazy aggressive, tensioner should be fine.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Check classified for possible part out. Wife wants a V8 car we can take to shows and i want something running and driving i can take to the strip.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Put the SX-E style compressor housing on. Now i can slap a filter in the IRL turbo without having to modify anything. Also some pics of the compressor wheel. The PN etched into the compressor doesn’t bring up any google results. Interesting.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Maybe. It’s dated 2014 which is when the 7163 was introduced though. It’s an IRL version so maybe that’s why the number doesn’t match anything. Not a big deal really, it’s still going into the car.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts