Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L with boost.
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
Mike's 95 STI Type RA -> 95 L Coupe! We're going hybrid CDB.

Tires mounted, car is now under its own weight and on wheel Dolly’s to make working in my garage 19373739x easier. I feel like progress is being made.

Tires are 245/45r17 on 17x8j +38 GD links and LCA’s.

Not sure if I’m feeling these flares. Probably just roll and pull and see what i can get out of some mild camber. This setup fit before, but with 215’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I’ve got Suby savers patch panels. I’m not wide enough for wide body. With a little camber in the rear once my alignment is sorted, a mild roll and pull should suffice if i decide the flares are stupid. I ran -1.8 rear on the last setup, but that was with 215/45 tires.

Now if i decide to buy new wheels or hub swap to 5x114.3, then I’ll probably go up to a 17x9 and some wide body.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Shiny bits. Picked up a KStech throttle body adaptor for my 70mm so thought I’d see what it looked like. It’s cold and I’m waiting on more parts (outfront 2.5i fuel rails and aluminati billet spacers), so here i sit.

Also, my work buddy borrowed my engine crane to fix his tractor, so the trans isn’t going in anytime soon. The TSS trans member is back from powdercoat though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
More billet. Aluminati 19mm spacers and Outfront 2.5 NA top feed fuel rails.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I mean, the intake manifold is metal, the head is metal, how much of a difference is 19mm of composite material going to have on the charge air at the point it reaches it? Plus these use o-rings rather than gaskets so one less thing to worry about. And they cost the same.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,716 Posts
The composite material prevents the intake manifold from becoming heat soaked through conduction.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I get that, but how much of a change is shown between running composite material vs not? Say on a stock setup with no spacer between the manifold and the head? I know the susceptibility of the billet spacer to heat, but with my turbo being at the fog light and the intercooler up front, that should negate any benefit from composite with a rotated or stock setup.

Just curious, because i feel like the cons are marginal at best with regards to heat soak.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,716 Posts
The heat soak isn't from the turbo or intercooler, it's from the engine block itself. By using metal you are going to experience a significantly reduced benefit. This is the data from Grimmspeed for their composite spacers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Interesting. I didn’t think 8mm of composite material would make that big of a difference. Amazed actually that 8mm of material could drop temps 44*. But i could see even more gain from the 19mm. I’d assume the billet to be on par with the stock temps.

I figured spacers were spacers and these looked nice and were the same price. I may have to reconsider. But i probably won’t because I’ve already got these and I’m tired of looking at my engine on a stand. I could always swap later.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, i can see where it would make a difference. Because the heat soak off the head into the manifold is negated, which is what would explain the drastic difference in charge air temps. Interesting.

141 - 160 of 176 Posts