Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L with boost.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
IAG Stage 2.5 Closed deck has been ordered. Plan is to use the 2L heads and all the stuff I had purchased for them. Machine them to match and then go from there for the hybrid build. Uncharted waters for me, but I've been doing lots of reading. Making the most of what I have. I think it'll be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Back from deployment, closed deck block is here. Heads are being sent off to Outfront for bowl machining for the chamber match. Sorting out an oil cooler situation is my current project on my plate. Then once the heads are back and the motor built back up, it’ll be time to focus on this darn NA intake manifold. Fueling stuff, wiring, the list goes on.

And one from the memory bank for funsies.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I was rifling in my attic for some uniform stuff and figured I’d set this on the wingless trunk to see what it actually looks like. Neat.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Engine starting to come together after waiting on little stuff. Holidays are expensive and the wife wants to go home to California so cash flow is tight making progress slower than ever.

Still collecting parts, but this is rejuvenating for a project that i thought was hitting a brick wall.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Not a whole lot to update, i lost motivation there for quite a while. Got some stuff done this past week and i think I’ve got it back. The iWire harness is pretty much all thrown in and buttoned up. I’ll finish when i get the dash/cluster back in during the interior phase.

Both subframes are out and stripped. I learned during install of both that i need more parts to make it work. Swapping my GC LCA’s for GD ones sooner than i thought to avoid issues with fitment on the bugeye front crossmember. So that’s on hold.

Got the rear subframe out finally. Broke a nutplate/welded nut taking the trailing arm off, but was able to cut the bolt and retrieve the nut in the frame. I may be able to finagle another nut on through the drain plug right there. We shall see. Fuel tank is also out, everything was pretty corroded and i wanted to run a fuel cell anyways swapping over to E85. The whole fuel system is getting swapped out, so the stock guy is trash.

Rear TSS subframe is installed and the R180 thrown into its new home. Probably will be back out again, but i was being zealous and wanted some progress. Also forgot i needed adjustable lateral links with the TSS frame because it does not allow for the camber adjustment bolt to be utilized. So now i gotta wait for that too. Lateral links and LCA’s and it will be back on the ground as a rolling chassis.

Hopefully I’ll be posting more often again as my family is growing and I’ve got to get this guy done before my little babe pops out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Picked a set of GD STI control arms and some adjustable lateral links a little while back. Nothing fancy, but they’ll get me on the ground. If they last a year, I’ll be happy.

Also got a real floor jack. My trolly jack has tried to kill me a few too many times.

This also finally showed up this AM. BNM Fab FogTurbo kit. I’ve been waiting an excessively long time for this to be built and arrive. It really is incredible craftsmanship though. Got a bumper exit blast pipe and EWG dump along with a down pipe setup to run a factory style exhaust. Like a mullet if you will. Anxious to get it installed, but i can’t rush it. Plenty else to do.

Between work, going back to California for vacation, and an upper respiratory infection, not much is done. But my little girl is due in Feb, so the clock is definitely ticking.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,295 Posts
Bad ass, I am in Torrance by the beach there. 50 miles away? Jackson Rally used to be in Temecula, probably still is if they are around. My boy Ruben from socalporting is over that way if you need some toys touched up :)

We should kick it some visit

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Bad ass, I am in Torrance by the beach there. 50 miles away? Jackson Rally used to be in Temecula, probably still is if they are around. My boy Ruben from socalporting is over that way if you need some toys touched up :)

We should kick it some visit

That would be rad, I’d love to meet some other builders. I don’t think I’ll be back home until xmas 2019 though. Got some deployments forecasted out and i’d rather take real vacations haha.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I’ve been traveling for work pretty much since my last update. So fuck all for progress in the car. But i am a sucker for tubular stuff and Black Friday deals so... TSS X brace for my 6MT is sitting at home waiting for me.

On a positive progress note, my good buddy has orders to ol’ Middle Georgia with me and has vowed to help motivate me and get this thing done. He’s also bringing his big single R32 GTR back from japan with him, so expect some glamour shots when both out cars work.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Good price on them tranny mounts for blk fri.

Sure was. And i needed a crossmember anyways so it seemed fitting. I got the rear subframe on BF a couple christmases ago. Maybe I’ll be able to build the whole set over the next decade of Black Fridays.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Trans brace is being powder coated and i somehow became motivated to spend my day off working on the car.

Pretty much butting everything up to get it back down on the ground. Struts, links, hubs, etc are all on. Scored a lightly used set of tires for the volks so i went ahead and installed the brakes (not hooked up) but i do have the hand brake to help move it around.

Getting tires mounted tomorrow and then it’ll sit into some Dolly’s so i can use my garage more efficiently.

Here’s some pics. Ignore my surface rusted rotors.

121 - 140 of 182 Posts