Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's got the standard quarter panel rust on the rear drivers side as well as a small amount on the front passenger side. Overall it's pretty clean considering. Might just patch it and stay narrow, but also considering some form of widebody. Not sure yet, and it's not super high on the list of stuff to do. It'll all have to get paint anyways when I swap all the front end body pieces/spoiler/roof vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
previous owner of mine had cut the rear wells and had a little rust develop around the spot weld where the rear bumper mounts. After 15+ years of looking at Imprezas, I'm convinced that is the source for the common rust in the rear wells. It's a perfect catch all of road grime plus salt if you live in an area that uses such. There was about a 1/4" of fine dust built up on the foam pieces when I pulled the rear bumper cover.

I'm running 07 STI LCAs and lateral links which adds about 10mm on each corner plus 20+ 18x10.5 wheels... no choice but to go wide

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L with boost.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

Paid $650 w/18,300 and 9 years later has shy of 90K. Pic is of one of many trips to the "Dragon" The most fun you can have and not break the speed limit going up. Actually killed the proportioning valve on the last trip.

Quite jealous of your trip up the dragon. I would love to make the trip as soon as my car is done. Obviously I won't be ready for the next rally ha.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Once I get this thing sorted you are more than welcome to head north and tag along for a mountain run. You can meet some of the wrxatlanta guys

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Once I get this thing sorted you are more than welcome to head north and tag along for a mountain run. You can meet some of the wrxatlanta guys

That's the plan. I've met a couple guys already. The motor and trans and such went to a guy who came down and helped me pull it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's the plan. I've met a couple guys already. The motor and trans and such went to a guy who came down and helped me pull it.
Should be a run coming up in April but a few us have been known to make a day trip on a wild hair.

That's clean
2nd owner with no serious injuries just bumps and bruises. ALL of the plastic and rubber bits are sunbaked and or dry rotted. She's about as beat down as you can get and still be somewhat reliable. She'll either get a transplant or be relegated to vegetable hauler on my parents farm.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
NA big plenum, long runner intake manifold showed up today. It'll go in for some porting and then forward face mounted in prep for the fog light turbo. Way too excited about this little bit of OEM part.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Should be a run coming up in April but a few us have been known to make a day trip on a wild hair.

If I was still single, I'd have this thing done by April. But with all the other stuff I've got going on these days, I'm shooting for end of 2017 haha.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If I was still single, I'd have this thing done by April. But with all the other stuff I've got going on these days, I'm shooting for end of 2017 haha.
I like your intake, this is mine after weight reduction, gasket match and wrinkle coat. Good comparison to the WRX intake to the left.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
That looks great. I like the black. The seller gave it a fresh coat of gray so it's staying gray. I like the flow rate and the less angle on the throttle body mounts so I won't have to **** with the hood.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Payment has been made on the custom fogturbo manifold. In addition to the bumper exit bellmouth exhaust, there will be a "downpipe" fabbed up to allow for a stock style rear exit exhaust to be attached to meet certain track regulations/draw less attention when needed. A quick swap via the VBand and either the business or the party setup of the mullet manifold can be had.

I've also decided to stop asking the internet for advice and am going to continue my build as I want. I won't be touching the case halves with exception of machining to the pistons and I'll run it until I blows. I don't see that happening with my power goals and E85, but I'll go 2.5 closed deck when it fails.

Don't expect progress to fly along here as I've recently been picked up to spend my summer collecting sand in the Middle East. Goal for completion is end of the year 2017 so I can make dragon runs with the Atlanta guys in early 2018.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Not because I don't appreciate the insight, but because I get so much conflicting information and responses from people who don't read the whole post that it makes my head spin and I end up with nothing in the end. I'm going to build it how I wanted to build it and the internet fame junkies can take it or leave it.

The point of this build is for me to have something to do with my hands on the weekends, and end up with something that maxes out the smiles per gallon.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Am I not supposed to keep fuel cans in the passenger seat?

·
Registered
97 OBS
113 Posts
if you can't get high off gas fumes, what's the point of having a car lol. my skyline is ridiculous with the gas fumes inside lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
if you can't get high off gas fumes, what's the point of having a car lol. my skyline is ridiculous with the gas fumes inside lol

My GTR would blow fumes in every time I turned on the AC ha. That pile of heaping ****.

81 - 100 of 176 Posts