Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Works for me. I'm going to build it until it becomes the national meet. Ask off work now.

Got a new neigbor next door now. Has go carts/four wheelers. So does the one a couple doors down. That circle out front is where they race. Methinks I'm going to have to run my own go kart race next year, screw the indoor crap. Think of that circle, and racing around both neighbor's u shaped driveway. Now that's a racecourse.

As far as the Noodle goes, it's on. Should have done it this year anyway, as fucked up as we got. Plus, I think a professional chauffer won't drive through all my neighbor's yards on the way home. And no, none of them have talked to me since that debauchery.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Check this out, arial view of the "race course"

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=10&x=2871&y=22113&z=16&w=2

The bottom right (SE) quadrant shows it pretty good. You should see my neioghbor's driveway off the big circle. You can't see it, but the one across the street has a loop too, directly across from my next door neighbor's house. If you're having a hard time seing where my house is, it's the first driveway (long) on the right side of the southernmost part of the circle.

Who's up for a 3 hour endurance, through driveways, part gravel, city streets, and maybe a bit of someone's yard???

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Mind racing, thinking of the possibilities. Here's my idea of the course. Might need a chicane before neghbors garage door. 30 mph into a 90 degree turn, garage door on other side=bad idea. OK, I'll have to design a chicne in here. Who's with me? This is too crazy to not do.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
all i can say is i claim the bed again :D that sounds awesome! damnit, why is september so far away :hopping:

oh, and i bet you could pay a professional to drive through your neighbors' yards. if not, plenty of scoobs for scoobnuts :devil:

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
We're having the first "official" Indianapolis meet, Dec 26th. Plan on making it a monthly thing. We've had a decent group here for a while, but nothing has ever been organized, at all. We're just planning on getting together once a month for beers and jibberish at a BW3's.

BUT, with us semi-organized, and the other people around the MidWest (Michigan, Chicago, St Louis), all somewhat organized, this might happen. Perhaps we can shoot for something in February, after Christmas/New Years crap, and paying the Christmas bills. Plus February would still leave us open to some snow, which is what these things are made for.

Anyone care to throw a crazy idea out there on what to do/where to meet?

I know a few people with a good chunk of land, if we want to do a Rally Cross. I could use some help as to what to look for, but I'd be glad to put in the effort. Anyone got any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Anyone care to throw a crazy idea out there on what to do/where to meet?
[shameless plug]I would vote for the next StL region Rally-x near Marion IL (probably 2/16, but its not official yet). its actually not too bad of a drive from Indy. last event, we had 4 people (2 cars) come from the Hautte. the event before there was a person from Evansville. I think that's a good time and place to do it, plus i'll be wearing more organizational hat :) [/shameless plug]

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
I'm up for some Rally-x. I've got a $1700 car to destroy before I rebuild it this summer. Keep me informed, I'm dying to find some more dirt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts