Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of megan coilovers street version

I got the one with the camber adjustment

i understand how to install it and adjust the height because i had previously install shocks and springs on other cars.

i have never worked with a coilover that came with camber adjustment so im new to this.

How do I adjust the camber after i install the coilovers on? Do i still need to bring it to get an alignment?

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I am planning on installing them either tomorrow or the day after.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
i am sure you can get away with not getting one but your camber might be off a little. it shouldnt mess with your toe in/out. if there are notches at the top. then just set them to the same. you should be fine with that.

if you want it PERFECT get an alignment but then if u touch anything it would mess it up

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So should i take these steps:

1-Install the coilover with the camber adjustment set in the center
2-adjust height until i get the desirable feel
3- then get a alignment

if this is all correct.
then i have one more question

should i leave the camber adjustment to the person doing the alignment or can i manually adjust it to correct the camber.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So should i take these steps:

1-Install the coilover with the camber adjustment set in the center
2-adjust height until i get the desirable feel
3- then get a alignment

if this is all correct.
then i have one more question

should i leave the camber adjustment to the person doing the alignment or can i manually adjust it to correct the camber.

·
Banned
01 Silverthorn 2.5rs
493 Posts
Ask them not to touch the camber plate, and only adjust it with the camber bolts in the front. If you have them dial in -1 degree of camber, you can go more or less with the plate, or move it back to -1.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are the camber bolts the 4 bolts on the top of the front coilover?

what is the camber plate you are refering to?

and how do i know if the camber is -1? there are no numbers on the top of it

sorry for all the questions.. i'm a bit confused because i thought the only thing you adjust is the camber bolts. i didnt know that the camber plates can be adjusted as well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you lowered the front you will need an alignment, the toe changes from that. The top camber plates, however do not matter after the alignment. Yes, it will change the camber but not the camber set from the bolts. You can freely adjust it more inwards or outwards for more or less camber and it wont change the rest of the alignment. There will be certain camber dialed in from the bolts, the plates are changing the camber to separately. If you look closely at the top of the camber plate there should be 6 holes, 4 of which have the allen screws for the plate. If you unscrew the two outer or inner screws and put them in the middle you can obtain max positive or negative camber from the plates. If you want negative push them inward towards the engine bay as far as they go, and to the outside for more positive camber. I don't know of a way to measure how much camber you are changing with the plates without using any alignment tools so don't worry about it. My suggestion for your alignment is to go zero toe front and rear, and have the guy max out the negative camber in the front. That way if you want a max camber from the plates you can get it, but if you want less camber for street driving you can do this freely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts