Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Brief update: My wife absolutely loves Toaster, although in the cold it's leaking gas under the intake manifold. That's next on my list of things to do. I threw in a double DIN stereo for her with GPS and Bluetooth, and tossed a dog cage in as well. Now Toaster's about due for brakes, and the suspension has been horrendously similar to the experience you would get on a pogo stick with the cold and the heinous Illinois roads. I believe it to be a combination of the struts not damping properly in the cold or perhaps being worn/blown and the terrible roads buckling with the temperature fluctuation. I've got a few other suspension pieces I'll experiment with when I get time and temperature to do so. I may also end up having the STI struts rebuilt, we'll see.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Update: I loaded Toaster up with a few things for my wife.

Dog cage:

Double DIN JVC touchscreen stereo with GPS and Bluetooth:

STI strut bar:

Then last weekend it was time to do the brakes so I did the fronts, upgrading them to 4 pots:

The next project will be the rears.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Yeah, I need to make some padding for the strut bar because the AC line is prone to rubbing against it, but everything else is solid so far. That and I have to take care of that fuel leak under the manifold.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
With the thaw, I threw on a set of Prodrive P1's and 2 pot rear hubs, as well as a set of GG WRX wagon springs and struts to eliminate the pogo effect:

Toaster is now burning oil like an old Honda Civic due to the blown oil seals in the turbo, but he looks darn good parked.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
It's what's left of the original anthracite, but the paint is in pretty poor condition. The wheels themselves are in great shape though. I may end up repainting or coating the wheels with something different in the future.

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,871 Posts
hmmmm, I just might wait to see what you do with them before coating mine lol

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Haha, you might end up waiting a while, I've got a few other projects in mind before I end up paying to change the wheel color :)

Although, when I do, I'll likely be set on either gold or white. In my opinion, Subaru's can never have too many gold wheels :)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
This journal is long due for an update. I threw a Gimmick silicone inlet on along with Artoo's TD04 and top feed fuel lines and injectors last summer, so Toaster's quite a bit happier.

Then Toaster got hailed on to the tune of $2K in PDR damage. Hood, windshield, roof, fenders... The roof looked like the surface of a golf ball. :unamused:

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Finally got the hail damage fixed :)

I ended up also tossing on an older Cusco 25? mm rear sway bar, Toaster handles a bit better now.

I also got my wife a birthday present, which we put on the day after:

Polishing a hazy headlight:

New summer wheels are on:

Reassembly:

Back together again.

And a few more pictures:

Toaster's always been somewhat of a black sheep.

·
Registered
'06 Legacy GT spec.B
220 Posts
Sweet Rotas bro! The new pics are awesome. The abandoned Walmart actually makes a good backdrop.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Sweet Rotas bro! The new pics are awesome. The abandoned Walmart actually makes a good backdrop.
I was actually thinking about getting some Rota stickers for them... :noes:

The abandoned Walmart is great, I'm kinda glad the mayor of that town has stalled any potential projects to reuse that property.
looks amazing!
Thanks!

81 - 100 of 143 Posts