Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the pully this morning... but I didn't pick it up till after work. So here is my unbiased review:

Overall: 9.5/10
Value for Price: 10/10
Weight: 1.0 LBS
Machining quality: 9/10 (I only say 9 because mine had a small burr on the notch in the center)
Balance: 10/10
Customer service: Placed order on thursday night, order was process friday afternoon, shipped overnight air (their shipping method, I didnt pay extra) received tuesday morning. 10/10
heres a link: http://medievalllc.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_50&products_id=59

and some pics:

compared to competitors:

Medieval: 1 pound- <$89.95 +Shipping
Perrin: 2 pounds- $125+Shipping
Group A: 1.5 pounds- $90CND+Shipping from Canada
Rallitek: 1 pound- $130+Shipping
Cobb: 2 pounds- $135+Shipping

So if you are in the market for a new pulley, you should check these out!

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, I just received an email from medieval saying that they are in the process of making lightweight alternator and power steering pulleys as well!

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've gotta meet up with someone with a subaru to put it on...

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
I just ordered one before, I felt the need to grab one of these to make my timing belt change more than just maintenance. Upgrading when stock shit breaks FTW

·
Registered
2 Posts
also, I just received an email from medieval saying that they are in the process of making lightweight alternator and power steering pulleys as well!

Yes, we are getting ready to release the ALT and powersteering pulleys here in the very near future for the Subby. Once those are out, we will be looking at becoming an AV on RS25 and Nasioc. Right now are are working on a a double adjustable shifter for the WRX and STI.

·
Registered
02RS RIP, 91Stealth, 05STi
1,778 Posts
what benifits did you see?
You do know this thread hasn't had a post in 2years right:p.
I would give you info on the benefits of a light weight crankpulley if I knew what a stock one and switched one feels like. All I noticed was my engine revs a little smoother then my buddies stock 2.5RS. I hear there really is no power gain from it but instead helps the engine turn faster.

·
Registered
MY00 STM 2.5RS Coupe
1,191 Posts
You do know this thread hasn't had a post in 2years right:p.
I would give you info on the benefits of a light weight crankpulley if I knew what a stock one and switched one feels like. All I noticed was my engine revs a little smoother then my buddies stock 2.5RS. I hear there really is no power gain from it but instead helps the engine turn faster.
Thanks! i just didnt want to get a thread full of "USE THE DAMN SEARCH BUTTON" so i posted in this one. These aren't even for sale any more from what i gather. I will probably purchase a cobb one.

·
Registered
02RS RIP, 91Stealth, 05STi
1,778 Posts
Thanks! i just didnt want to get a thread full of "USE THE DAMN SEARCH BUTTON" so i posted in this one. These aren't even for sale any more from what i gather. I will probably purchase a cobb one.
Oh thats using the good ol search button. Good job:banana:. Yeah go with what is available on the market. Idk what mine is but it seems like a ebay one but I am not quite sure on it lol. Make sure its not a underdrive pulley and there is nothing to worry about harmonic balancers because ours don't require any.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts