Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Aspen White '03 2.5TS Wagon
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ner.org/rally/rdral/event/20080720_2008-mason-dixon-trials

Start: 07/20/2008 - 09:00

A rally-style event held to support the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease), presented by the MGs of Baltimore and sanctioned by the SCCA (Washington, DC region).

Pennsylvania clubs/competitors note that the finish is only one mile south of the Mason-Dixon line between Fawn Grove and Delta. No reason to be shy and stay away!!

This is an automotive competition held on the public roads at legal speeds. You must follow a prescribed route of approximately 65 miles at given average speeds. Along the route, you will pass checkpoints where your passage will be timed. You are scored according to how closely you maintained those speeds between checkpoints.
WHEN: Sunday July 20th. Registration opens at 9:30 AM. First car off at 11:00.
START: Hunt Valley Mall parking lot behind Outback Steakhouse, 134 Shawan Rd., HuntValley, MD. (I-83 exit 20A onto Shawan Road east, Left at signal onto McCormick, 1st right at next traffic light, immediate right onto mall loop, follow to lot behind Outback).
FINISH: Fiore Winery, 3026 Whiteford Rd., (Rte 136), Pylesville, MD WINE TASTING and LIVE MUSIC.

Bring your own picnic lunch encouraged.

Each team competing receives not only entry to the Trials, but also:
• Admission to the winery party ● Participation in the wine tasting
• Two Mason-Dixon Trials wine ● Event trophies will be specially
glasses for the tasting labeled bottles of Fiore Wines
• A weekend membership in the sports Car Club of America including club magazine, etc.
• Free stopwatches to the earlier entries for as long as they last (may need batteries)

- $35 / car after July 13th (Must be only 2 people per car.)

· Registered
Aspen White '03 2.5TS Wagon
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is! Pennsylvania has a lot of really fun roads that have banked curves! It's crazy! And at one of the checkpoints they take your picture while driving over a bridge. I'll see if I can find our pic from 3 years ago when we did this run.

· Registered
99 RS 2dr RBP & 02 WRX WRB
352 Posts
It was a lot of fun. Wish more younger people did it. They are great trips to find kick ass roads in your local area. We were on roads I've never seen before. Great time and would do it again.

James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.