Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
98 OBS
676 Posts
all this making me not want to convert from drum to disk in the rear :(

on the bright side there are a couple svx's at the local junk yard i could find the model years/specs and take a look if anyone's in need?

only brake upgrade i did was from stock obs front rotor/calipers to what i believe to be a 98 legacy 2pot but that vehicle has since been smooshed at the junkyard so i'm unsure. will pull p/n so i can figure this out myself.

·
Registered
00 BE, 92 BC, 77 celica GT
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I mean my car is perfectly driveable... I still dd it. Really excited to upgrade the master. Just need to figure out to which one..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You'll probably have an issue with the dual stage sti booster being differebt then the rs one.. I don't think rs ever came with a dual stage booster

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No the booster itself. Single stage and dual stage booster. Basically two different diaphragms granting two different pressures throuh the pedal cycle.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 2.5L
356 Posts
No the booster itself. Single stage and dual stage booster. Basically two different diaphragms granting two different pressures throuh the pedal cycle.
OK, so the cylinder will bolt up but the booster may not? I am pretty sure I already have a 1 1/6" cylinder stock. Is there anyone who can confirm if this would work on an auto RS?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No one has any idea about this master cylinder connundrum?

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs
26 Posts
I have a 2000rs with 02-03 hubs and 4pot/2pot calipers.
I lost pressure completely for a few seconds getting off the freeway.
No leakes and and the reseviour is full. Which master cylinder to I get to upgrade the now underpowered stock unit?

·
Registered
99 RSTi EJ20K
119 Posts
I have a 2000rs with 02-03 hubs and 4pot/2pot calipers.
I lost pressure completely for a few seconds getting off the freeway.
No leakes and and the reseviour is full. Which master cylinder to I get to upgrade the now underpowered stock unit?
Sounds more like air or water contaminants in the system, an undersized master cylinder would still stop you but with excessive pedal travel. Still trying to find a proper mc for myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So i've read throught this whole thread and there is not mention about number of ports. This is really important if you have 4 like me (1996 impreza L non-ABS 2.2L). I have a 15/16 (0.937 bore) and swapped my 1 pot / rear drum brakes for 2000 RS brakes. It sounds like the stock RS MS is 1". Should i go with a 1" or go to a bigger MS? What MS will bolt directly to my 4 port system? So far i can only find 2 port MS's that are bigger in bore size, which would force me to fabricate two "T" connections before bolting it up. I would rather not do that if i can avoid it.

·
Registered
01, Subaru, 2.5rs, White
165 Posts
Hopefully this will Help the Non -ABS (single stage booster) guys. I have a non abs 96 L. Upgraded to 4/2 pots, upgraded to the Japanparts non abs rear prop valve and did a direct bolt on of an svx master cylinder. The braking on the car feels awesome. To the point I don’t feel I need to upgrade to brembos. Although I’ve only been autocrossing:(. Here are the part numbers:
SVX master cylinder: 26410PA001
Prop valve: 034-533-27671-1 (japanparts)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts