Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
thanks fellas! ive started tuning it with the 740cc injectors and its kind of a pain with the emanage ultimate but the closed loop map is going very well. since they are modded stock wrx injectors it was easier to set them up, but its not a linear relationship between flow. at idle they flow very similar to a stock wrx injector, but you up the duty cycle just a little and they flow a ton more fuel (as expected) its just not on a linear curve.

i hit first gear boost and it pulls way hard. theres more lag than the greddy 18g (as expected) but when it hits....it HAMMERS! just a different feel than what im used to i guess. when i get my maps all tuned out ill get that video everyone wants!

i guess the only things i really want to do to finish up that rotated setup are to get a couple more black couplers from siliconeintakes.com and clean up some of those hoses/wiring behind the intake manifold. other than that i love the clean new look under the hood

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
This is awesome!

When it is tuned properly, when do you expect you will hit full boost?(Just curious!)

Amazing car!

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
This is awesome!

When it is tuned properly, when do you expect you will hit full boost?(Just curious!)

Amazing car!
i dunno - but i will let you know! i have a feeling it will be low-mid 4000's but we shall see

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L Brilliant Red
2,113 Posts
Wow. I cant believe I've never seen your member journal. Awesome rs-t. One of the nicest I've seen on the site.

·
Registered
Aspen white 00 RS, WRB 03 WRX
797 Posts
Awesome car!

Your journal pretty much finalized my decision to build up an EJ251 and go RS-T.

I have a complete '99 motor, so I might look into going with a flipped manifold once I start the project.

Mind if I shoot you a PM then with more questions?

Might have to ask you to make me a set of those fuel rail brackets and alt bracket (Or at least get some pictures and dimensions) as well. :)

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Awesome car!

Your journal pretty much finalized my decision to build up an EJ251 and go RS-T.

I have a complete '99 motor, so I might look into going with a flipped manifold once I start the project.

Mind if I shoot you a PM then with more questions?

Might have to ask you to make me a set of those fuel rail brackets and alt bracket (Or at least get some pictures and dimensions) as well. :)
yeah man go ahead and ask away - i get pm's quite frequently from a few people on here that are going this route as well. ill try to help any way i can

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
just been tuning the emanage with my ap 740cc injectors and now am boosting at 19psi. car is amazing....

for those with emanage ultimate - it is possible to use large injectors with it, my stock ecu fuel trims are +-5% and is super consistant on afr's every time. hoping to push it to 20+ psi and get nasty wit it!!!!

·
RS-T
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
194 Posts
Very nice build.
Question, where did you drill the manifold to put the greddy map sensor in, and how are you preventing the stock ecu from fighting with the emange in closed loop?
Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Very nice build.
Question, where did you drill the manifold to put the greddy map sensor in, and how are you preventing the stock ecu from fighting with the emange in closed loop?
Keep up the great work.
i didnt drill anything to put the greddy map sensor in....you can hook it up to any vac source with a T fitting and some vac hose and remote mount it wherever you want. I bought a vac. manifold from the internet and i have one of the ports feeding the map sensor.

i prevent the stock ecu from fighting the emanage by using a scangaugeII and watching the long term and short term fuel trims and comparing them to the cells in the injection and airflow maps in the emanage. i have my fuel trims dialed within stock tolerances now with 740cc injectors and im running 21psi on my greddy t67 making enough power to destroy my clutch ;) (hence why im installing a spec stage 3+ clutch and act lightweight flywheel next weekend)

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
heres a pic of the new clutch and flywheel. thanks to THmotorsports.com for the great deal and fast shipping!

act streetlight flywheel and spec stage 3+ clutch

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
321 Posts
WOW! MASTER indeed! i just read this post and i left a puddle of drool on the table!

im actually going to do an RS-SC build because i think its gonna cost a lot less than a turbo build or an engine swap. plus i dont want to worry about exhaust work (cause im lazy) =P

was gonna go for all used STi internals (maybe cryo treat rods, crank and pistons) and run a Vortech V1 centrifugal at 20PSI. i might ask ya for some help with the fuel system and the ECU (planning on MegaSquirt DIYPuP) cause i have no idea what im doing with a cars computer.

GREAT FRIKIN BUILD! very jealous, and i still will be after i get my setup in my car cause my car isnt as clean and sexy as yours!

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
WOW! MASTER indeed! i just read this post and i left a puddle of drool on the table!

im actually going to do an RS-SC build because i think its gonna cost a lot less than a turbo build or an engine swap. plus i dont want to worry about exhaust work (cause im lazy) =P

was gonna go for all used STi internals (maybe cryo treat rods, crank and pistons) and run a Vortech V1 centrifugal at 20PSI. i might ask ya for some help with the fuel system and the ECU (planning on MegaSquirt DIYPuP) cause i have no idea what im doing with a cars computer.

GREAT FRIKIN BUILD! very jealous, and i still will be after i get my setup in my car cause my car isnt as clean and sexy as yours!
Thanks!! Pm me anytime for help

41 - 60 of 103 Posts