Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
curious to know if you did your retrofits? or had them done?
did them myself. bought some single xenon bmw projectors with d2s ballasts and capsules. wired in a single relay circuit to the stock headlight harness. they turned out pretty well i think.

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
heres an update on some things ive done this week:

finished building adapter brackets to install my perrin fuel rails and agency power 740cc injectors into my customized 99 intake manifold. used all stainless hardware to put eveything together - all looks good!

Pics:

just ordered a longer belt and started work on a flipped alternator adjustment bracket so i can move the alternator where the a/c compressor was. cant wait to get this manifold flipped!!

also installed an sti badge (+29hp) got it to go with my genuine sti fog covers and since i do have sti parts, i didnt really feel too bad about sporting the sti badges haha

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
Maek sure you get a good tune with that sti badge. Put mine on and still trying to get the kinks out..

Looks good man, keep going. So jealous that the compressor housing is at an angle away from the IM. Lucky SOB:p

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Maek sure you get a good tune with that sti badge. Put mine on and still trying to get the kinks out..

Looks good man, keep going. So jealous that the compressor housing is at an angle away from the IM. Lucky SOB:p
hahaha yeah i had to change my parameters in my emanage for that sti badge ;)

keep workin at your build man - I've been following it and seen your struggle but stick with it and it'll be worth it when you are all done

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
Thanks man, appreciate it. The E-manage it almost wired in. I'm just paranoid it won't fire up the first time:/
And yea, i'm suck of all the fabrication haha. But yes, it will be sooo worth it in the end.

And this build looks tight man, be sure to update it regularly with pictures! (unlike me:p)

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
progress on installing t67 25g:

got the turbo installed - just need to have a wideband bung welded into the downpipe and have the downpipe extended because its JDM spec and my catback is USDM sti spec. I also need to fabricate an intake and intercooler piping to connect it to my cx racing fmic setup.

that turbo is beast in the engine bay, its like buying a TV at costco - when you are in there the tv looks small, but u get it home and dont know why you bought such a big tv! well the turbo seemed eh decent size in my living room, get it in the car and cant believe it fits!

pics:

greddy 18g vs greddy 25g

turbo installed, now time for fab work.

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
custom flipped manifold complete. test fitted and it fits very nicely and clears the hood just barely. working on a flipped alternator belt tension adjustment bracket and this mod will be complete.

mods to the manifold include:
99 manifold w/ no air assist
shaved all tabs off that werent used
polished
modifed coil pack mounting pillars
obnoxious motorsports vac manifold directly plumbed
all unused nipples were capped
perrin fuel rails for 02-05wrx
custom adapter plates/hardware to mount perrin rails
agency power 740cc injectors
deleted PCV valve and use atmospheric setup
added new port for brake booster
removed throttle cable connector for the cruise control (hits power steering reservoir)

pics:

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
almost done!! just gotta finish modifying the downpipe for the turbo and cutting/installing the last hot side pipe for the fmic. better pics soon....

·
Registered
'00 RS w/ 05 STi swap
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
its the rear window visor from ebay that everyone has been hatin on. i really like it and im glad i got it.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
Had it out yet? How much difference do you feel :p

Polished looks awesome, nice work.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts