Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2k BRP wagon (sold) 06 MTBajaT
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was replacing my rear passenger side door card fabric with some black swede replica and once it was all said and done when I was putting the door card back on... something "popped" all I noticed that broke was one of the 2 clips that are attached to the interior door handle. I thought that it would be no biggie so I just proceeded with putting the door card on. Once it was back on... I noticed there was some thing funky with the lock... (from the inside of the car) when it was in the unlocked position it worked fine, but when the plastic lock lever would flip over to the locked position that is where it stays, I can still flip if to the unlock position for the most part... but it doesn't do anything, the door continues to be locked. :mad: I have been playing around with this for a couple hours now today and have found out that when you flip the switch from "free lock" to "child safety" the lock works with no problem/ tension anything!... just of course you cant open it from the inside which is not cool.
I just dont get it how flipping the switch can make the difference...

If anyone has had this problem or you have any advise for me please ask questions for more info or let me know what you think...
thanks-Cory

·
Registered
2k BRP wagon (sold) 06 MTBajaT
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update: when I went out to go take pictures... apparetley I had it in "free lock" with it in the locked postion... so now my door is locked closed... power lock cant even unlock it. input curse words*

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
So now you have to use a slim-jim to pop the lock from the inside, remove the door card and take pics of what you've broken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.