Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 772 Posts

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
wrap them again? or save some for re-wrap when rocks slice it open and it peels off. also..don't be surprised when about 2 months after the car running, it will be white.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Yeah, I'll keep it around for another project. I'm using the high temp silicone spray as well. Might of put it on a little thick on the Up-pipe and dump tube. Just ordered a second can for the rest of the manifold.

·
Registered
1998 OBS
118 Posts
Holy ***! What is that amazing black textured stuff on the rear quarters?! THAT is the kind of stuff I want to cover subframes with!

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Holy ***! What is that amazing black textured stuff on the rear quarters?! THAT is the kind of stuff I want to cover subframes with!
It's a roll on truck bed liner. Herculiner brand to be exact.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Patience pays off! Finally ordered myself a clutch. After quite some time deal hunting and waiting for THMotorsport to get back to me about a price match I decided to check prices again. Best I found before on the Stage 2 Endurance was ~$585 shipped. Checked THM and it was $605. Decided to try and contact them again and when I went to get a link to the item page it was $485 shipped! Can't pass up that deal!

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
MY TURBO FINALLY SHIPPED! Did I mention... MY TURBO FINALLY SHIPPED!!!!

:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz:stafiseiz

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
That would be a huge help. I've been looking at the Subaru diagrams but it's not telling me enough. Fairly certain I'm gonna have to drop the tank. Everything is so rusty that I assume I'm gonna have to fab up a new mount when I put it back up.
Here ya go. Sorry i took so long, snow finally melted off it

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
Thanks Terry! Think I have a plan of attack with the hose. We'll see what happens. I should have everything I need to get the motor in the car for the last time now. *Crossing fingers* Soon as I get home next week I'm gonna tap the oil pan, install the clutch and hopefully not have to pull the damned motor out again.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Spent some time the other night and tonight heat wrapping all my exhaust bits. One step done. Need to do the oil return (still...) and then the motor can be dropped in for the last time!

And this is the worst of the parts. Had a hell of a time wrapping this and eventually just called it good.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Did the oil return. Not entirely happy with it but hopefully it'll all work out.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
you dont think the torques from the engine will rub it into the mount and crack the pipe? or slowly melt the mount?
That's exactly why I don't like it. I might pull the mount and hit it with a death wheel a little. They are Group N mounts so hopefully they don't flex too much.

Looks like you could squeeze a 90° AN fitting in there.
I have a bunch of AN fittings and nothing would fit with the bung.

meh, just whack the pan in a little there
Not a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
When I drilled the pan I actually had to take a die grinder to the baffle to get the bung to seat so it's already weakened a little in that spot.

141 - 160 of 772 Posts