Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 772 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
are you using coil pack or cop? The v6 manifold uses the same throttle body, coil pack and iacv as your 01 RS. the difference is the rails are for sidefeeds so your stock harness plugs wont fit the side feeds. I have manifolds and harnesses if you need anything. I'm out of side feeds, gave my last 550 set to a buddy but i believe he still has them for cheap

i repinned my stock bugeye harness to the sidefeed plugs, only issue is the pic were a little different and dont lock into the plugs, i need to find some pins
I'm maintaining the wasted spark set-up. I have everything from the v6 Manifold. Gonna need some bigger injectors, thinking about giving the AUS racing units a shot. I have the engine harness from the V6 as well so I was just gonna swap the injector connectors over.

whatcha doin with the herculiner? you just leaving it like that on the outside of the quarter panel?
Yeah, as Tom said this is a temporary sealant to prevent further rust while I work out the bugs on this shell. I have absolutely no concerns about aesthetics really. Though I do think it's going to look kind of interesting.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
you can probably use the v6 harness as is. since your rs is already wasted spark, i know the plugs the same as the wrx but wiring pins were different so i need the wrx harness

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
My ECU is wired in expectation of the RS harness. I'd rather not complicate things by running an unknown harness after all this. The RS harness is pretty basic, repurposing the air assist connector for the BCS and then adapting the 4 wire MAF to the 3 wire GM 3 bar. Need to find a good wiring diagram for the OEM MAP sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Well not much progress on the motor side but I'm about to Herculine the drivers side and I also scored this sweet road sign I plan on using for a rear skid plate!

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
So I'm trying to figure out which pin on the 4 prong connector the OEM MAP sensor should go the signal from the GM 3 bar and which should go to my intake air temp sensor. Mind you all the wiring is run to the same signal input on the MS3 as it was with the OEM ECU.

Anyone have experience with this? The picture below is the info I have.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
This is the top of my gas tank. Know how I was telling you about the rust? The hose that is disconnected is splitting and wrecked. Anyone have an easy way to replace it without dropping the tank. Everything is so rusty I'm not sure how I'd be able to pull off removing the straps.

I did get started on Herculining the other side!

Also, what would be the best way to affix this RSTi badge to my trunk lid? 3m double sided tape?

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
i can't say on the rust part, as those hoses are retardedly run up in there and i need to do them too. i too do not want to drop the tank.

the badge, 3m double sided tape will work just fine. thats how i have my turbo-S badge affixed.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
i just dropped the tank in that bugeye just so i can learn how those hoses are run, i can take pics later if it helps
That would be a huge help. I've been looking at the Subaru diagrams but it's not telling me enough. Fairly certain I'm gonna have to drop the tank. Everything is so rusty that I assume I'm gonna have to fab up a new mount when I put it back up.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #134 (Edited)
Had a surprising moment in the rust debacle. Installed my hitch last night after a long time of avoiding it because I was very concerned about the rust making my life a living hell. Low and behold it all came apart very easily, and I lost half as much weight as I added with the hitch!

This is what I'm dealing with under the car. This also might be the best picture I've ever taken.

Removed six bolts.

Installed!

Also, in other exciting news I finally got my WRC style 53.1 hub bore wheels machined!

And of course I had to do a test fit! 17x7 +35 Speedline Six Spoke.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Yeah, it looks about perfect to me. I tried to capture the 'stance' but it's tough to get an accurate picture.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Finally got a combination that should work. Minor issues with the PCV valve clearance but that can be remedied fairly easy.

02 WRX IM top, 2006 2.5i short runner bottoms with moore fuel rail adapters and agency power fuel rail kit. Plenty of clearance for the 2011 TMIC. Gonna pull the motor out in a few minutes and install the oil drain bung onto the pan and get that all buttoned up.

121 - 140 of 772 Posts