Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 780 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Thank you! It's been a long process but it's going to be nice when it's all said and done and I know that it's been put together right. There's not many bolts left that I haven't personally torqued!

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Now with more ZOOM!

On the pictures that is. Noticed that photobucket with limiting my images to 800x600 so I went through and uploaded everything to Imgur. Sorry about your dial-up.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Some people recently discovered my thread on a super easy 110 amp alternator upgrade so I figured I would post a link to it here.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f72/t188485-super-easy-110a-alternator-upgrade.html

Also thanks to the power of Facebook I ended up buying myself a present!

Pretty terrible pictures I know but it's what the guy sent me after closing the ad. It's a HT Autos 22b widebody kit! This will be going on the rust free shell I have for the final form of the Ruby Sue!

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
I also have been in discussion with a guy in Ohio who had the solution to my rust epidemic. After a few weeks of deliberation I am the proud new owner of a RUST FREE 2001 2.5RS Shell! I should be taking delivery in the next week or two. Not sure if I want to swap everything over immediately or if I'm going to wait until I destroy my current shell. Only time will tell. Comes with the WRX wheels, stock L suspension, WRX rear end, and bugeye interior bits. Also has a sunroof delete waiting to be welded on.

Phew! I'm good friends with Michael. When he told me that someone was paying for the car with Paypal I got sketched. Glad to see its someone from RS25. The car is super rust free and can be flawless with just a little bit of work. I thought about buying it from him but I didn't want to swap everything over myself.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,803 Posts
Great work man! BTW That's not the long runner 253 manifold. Longer over all than the other NA ones mostly but the long runner is still taller and doesn't use the TVG sections.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Interesting. I'll have to look into it. I got this one for $40 from a local guy on craigslist. Couldn't pass it up for that!

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Spend the last night figuring out oil feed and return. Going to tap off the block using a 18mm x 1.5 plug with a 1/8" npt female thread I found at R7965: Adapter Bushing - 1/8 NPT female x M18 X 1.5 male , by ISSPRO - eBuggies.com. Item #R7965. For the rest of the feed I plan on using a preformed braided hose, a 1/8" npt to -3 AN fitting and a -3 AN to 10mm banjo at the turbo.

For the oil return I plan on running a weld in bung with a -10 AN fitting coupled to -10 AN Summit 'Twist-Tite' fittings with -10 AN Summit 'Twist-Tite' hose to mate to the 5/8" oil return coming off of my VF-28. I picked up a few different fittings as I'm unsure of drain placement and want to keep my options open.

I also cleaned my intake manifold and thermostate housing.

*EDIT*
At the same time I also clearanced my SOHC Head for the turbo up-pipe. All you have to do is use a spacer and grind the head slightly on the corner. I ended up welding two of those flanges together (3/8" from Mandrel River Bending)

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
I also got my Rally Tech flaps pretty much installed. Probably have to replace some christmas trees with bolts sooner rather than later, but they are on.

I really think the fitment with the 2014 WRX wheels and 235 tire is spot on.

Straight on you can't even tell there are flaps.

I also got the rear mounted. This is before bending the brackets to match the wheel well.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,803 Posts
Interesting. I'll have to look into it. I got this one for $40 from a local guy on craigslist. Couldn't pass it up for that!
I think that's what I paid for my long runner and for short runner. Sold the short running for $50 so only spend $30! Totally worth it all day long! Mine is all cleaned up and welded but I still need to make an adapter for the TB.

Glad to see someone making progress! I haven't had any real progress with any of my cars for some time...

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So the Oil Pressure sender I ordered from Amazon (Link) showed up and it looks like it will fit just fine! This has a 1/8 BSPT thread so it is a direct fit for the OEM pressure switch location and included the pigtail all for under $25 to my door.

Also got my oil feed and return fittings in. Oil feed went together like a breeze. Still deciding on a location for the oil return in the pan.

Rear galley plug with m18x1.5 plug threaded with 1/8" NPT, 1/8" NPT to -3 AN elbow and 14" of -3 AN to -3AN braided hose.

Overall I'm happy with the routing of the line. We'll see how much clearance I have once the rest of the equation is in place. The EWG Bracket does give me extra wiggle room compared to the factory IWG in the pictures.

Turbo side I used a -3 AN to 10mm banjo fitting.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
i'm concerned for you on that rear port. that's where i had issues creating oil pressure.
I remember you mentioning that Brian. I know my brother had good luck using the rear port as well as a few other builds I've read. We'll see when it's game time if it's good or not. You just had the factory dummy switch, eh?

41 - 60 of 780 Posts