Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

341 - 360 of 772 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
You should have cut it open in the shape of an I, then fold the flaps back ans you weld close ;)
I was trying to avoid using the angle grinder in the car, in hindsight it probably would of been the better option.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Little bit more progress tonight. Trying to get out and do a little bit every night. Seems I'm crossing stuff off the list just as fast as I'm adding it but the progress is real. I got my FPR adapter squared away, not sure why I ever used the other bolts. I also got the shift linkage installed and trans crossmember back in place.

The later model shift linkage has a larger bore and is also slightly wider than the one that was on my JDM trans. I just drilled the bracket out and slapped a 9/16" bolt in there.

This pink tape saved me a lot of heartache. I have the roll pin taped to the punch and the shift linkage taped to the shift rod. Once I did that everything went smooth as silk.

Does anyone know what these plugs are for? They come off the transmission but I can't seem to find a home for them. It almost looks like the plug into each other but the way they are in the harness suggests not. I feel as if I have all the DCCD stuff wired in correctly.

I also made progress on the rear bumper. Bit the bullet and installed the cheap eBay bumper stays. I also bolted the mud flaps to the body. Overall the bumper is fairly sturdy. I do still have a few christmas trees to drive home. The rubber that came with the stays isn't very confidence inspiring. Probably gonna look for a sturdier set.

Next on the list was swapping the Audi A4 endlinks on the rear. They are definitely less compliant than the ones that were on there. They are about 1/2" shorter than what I had. I only got the passenger side on but the install was fairly straight forward.

Oh just a few more things to do... :stafiseiz

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Does anyone know what these plugs are for? They come off the transmission but I can't seem to find a home for them. It almost looks like the plug into each other but the way they are in the harness suggests not. I feel as if I have all the DCCD stuff wired in correctly.

Got this figured out. Those are for the neutral and back up lamp switches on the JDM trans, same as a bugeye WRX. I'm not using them as I swapped my OEM 2.5RS switches into the JDM trans. The only reason I have that harness on the trans is for the DCCD parts.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
So I am planning to modify my PCV set-up. Currently it is set-up as shown below with two catch cans. I want to put in a check valve between the crankcase and catch can that leads to the PCV valve. It will be orientated so that the crankcase can draw fresh air from the turbo inlet but not able to push crankcase gasses to the inlet. Anyone have thoughts on this?

This is my current set-up.

These are the proposed changes.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Spend some time today reacquainting myself with the 90% finished projector retrofit. They are pretty much ready to have the lenses put back on but there is one thing holding me back, I lost a bulb retainer! I had ordered one but it was for the wrong year.

I need a 03-08 Infiniti FX35 headlight bulb retainer / spring clip

I'm about this far from ordering another set of projectors on eBay just to rob it of the bulb retainer.

I really want to get these lights finished as once they are done I can finish wire my lightbar, fogs and headlights as well as reinstall the front bumper and grill which would be a big step towards getting the car finished. Even if it's not my motor against Terry's wishes.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
More progress! I'm kind of on a roll. Finished up the rear endlink install. The plan was to tackle the wastegate/bcs/map sensor tonight. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I noticed I hadn't tightened the lower downpipe nut. That took a bit of my time. I did manage to get the vacuum hoses onto the wastegate and did some farting around with placement. In between all that I got all the wires hooked up for the driving lights and hung the bumper. Good feels.

What's super exciting to me is that I have exactly the number of ports on my intake manifold that I need so I will not be running any T's in my vacuum hoses. It's the little things boys.

I bought some cheap hose clamps, I guess you get what you pay for.

Toivo down at da parts store told me if I put some of dat orange paint on there that I would get more ponys.

Then I couldn't help myself. Since I got the bumpers mounted I just had to loosely hang everything and take about 45 pictures. Much excite!

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Looking at the information below that I snipped from the Cobb website I'm not sure if I want to go straight to option 2 for break in. I have both a 5 and 10 psi spring for the wastegate. Currently the 10 psi spring is in the wastegate. I'm going to do some more research to see how each method of plumbing the wastegate affects minimum pressure.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Spent another good 8 hours in the garage today, can anyone guess what I did?

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Ha! Nah, all those little orange marks on the bolts is what consumed my entire evening. Glad I went through and torqued everything. The downpipe wasn't tight, the bellhousing wasn't torqued and half the hose clamps weren't tight. That's what happens when you have the motor in and out about 17 times.

341 - 360 of 772 Posts