Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 280 of 772 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Today on Fryphax's redneck shenanigans...how to push your car into the garage by yourself!

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,124 Posts
Rear cross/diff is looking good! Beatrush bars always look like icing on the cake down there. Best of luck on the hardlines.. I was surprised mine weren't crustier when I swapped over my calipers. About snapped a damn bleeder though!

I vote snowboard binding strap bumper latch!! But may be a little bias

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Thanks! Turns out my rear diff bushings are pretty shot. Glad I at least have the brace on there. Still plan on getting replacements somewhere down the line. Hard lines are driving me nuts, flaring brake like is about my least favorite thing to do. Getting pretty proficient by now though.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
I edited post #51 to add what I needed to do in order to clearance my up-pipe/SOHC head.

*EDIT*
At the same time I also clearanced my SOHC Head for the turbo up-pipe. All you have to do is use a spacer and grind the head slightly on the corner. I ended up welding two of those flanges together (3/8" from Mandrel River Bending)

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #266 (Edited)
No fancy pictures or anything. I did finally find the missing adapter for my brake flaring kit and finished the drivers side rear work. At least on the hardline.

This weekend on the beginning of next week is going to be spent cleaning the garage and getting everything I need to complete the wiring in order. I scheduled some time with a friend of mine to come over and help out. He's been doing automotive wiring for a long time and I know will do an excellent job in 1/10th the time it would take me alone. Once the wiring is done, it's time to fire it up!

Real updates soon!

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Minor interior progress. Running wires for the Stereo before I put the carpet back in.

Most depressing thing is I opened my glove box, coupons from almost 4 years ago in there.

3 RCA leads and Speaker wire for front speakers coming from the 4 channel amp.

Remote turn on, spare lead and 4g power from battery to trunk.

Putting this stack of Loom to work! Though I bought two of the same size, which is why the power lead is pretty much crammed into the loom.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Little bit more progress last night. Not much for a visual but I did go through and tighten all the fuel line connections. Remount my FPR and ran the fuel return hose. Also finished running the power leads to the trunk so now I'm ready put the carpet back in and put the interior back together.

I also picked up my other fender from my storage unit. I definitely like the amber side marker more than the black. Now my door opens without any interference with the fender. I do need some SRP touch up paint. Anyone have a recommendation as to where to get some?

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Did some cleaning in the garage and took a picture. Exciting I know!

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Woot! Progress! My buddy was cleaning my carpet for me and I went and picked it up last night. Getting the carpet really made me want to sit inside and make engine noises so I got right to it.

Before I put the carpet in I slapped down a roll of cheap sound deadening. I know it's the anti-thesis to 'Because Racecar' but 'Because Rock'n'Roll' is definitely important to me. Besides is 15 pounds of sound deadening really gonna make a difference given the power to weight ratio I should have with my set-up? I also plan on daily driving this car and am trying to keep out some of the driveline noise from the solid subframe mounts and other stiff bushings I've added.

It's definitely haphazardly applied but I was in a rush to make engine noises!

Had a few hangups getting the interior back together. Mostly because I lost just about every single clip and bolt that holds it together. Need to find the ones for the rear side panels and order some for the door sills. I do still have some wiring to do up front and the sound deadening is only up to the middle of the front seats. I might go back in and finish off the rest of the floor.

But it's together!

And I got my wish, engine noises!

Yet to be done:

Wire TPS
Loom Engine Harness
Swap IAC wires to WRX IAC and fuel pressure inputs (4 leads)
Install front brake lines
Secure rear brake lines
Install T for front ABS delete
Flush/Bleed brakes
Run vaccuum lines to Wastegate/BCS/etc
Reinstall manifold
Triple check every hose for proper clamps
Tighten fuel lines at rails
Reinstall passenger side catch can
Install Radiator/hoses
Finish headlight retrofit
Wire light bar to foot switch
Modify fog wiring to operate independent of headlights
Drain Gas tank
Tighten seatbelts/front seats
Install Tablet in dash
Finish install stereo and USB hub
Connect E-brake lead to DCCD control box
Tie DCCD control box to ACC power in car (Currently hardwired to battery for testing)
Install intercooler & air filter
Build turbo support bracket
Modify exhaust hangers to fully support exhaust / install proper spring bolts at downpipe
Replace rear endlinks
Double check torque on every single bolt on the car
Add Coolant
Add Oil
Start the Car!

·
Registered
2001 Impreza OBS
12 Posts
Can you please tell me more about your sound deadening? I was thinking about doing this to my OBS this past week as the vibrations and noise from solid mounts and such is ridiculously more loud in my GC than it was in my GD. i dont care so much about adding weight either. I like to hear more than rattle squeeks and the firewall megaphone when i drive around town.

I am mainly curious about what type/brand and how much you used? Have you used it before? Does it work very well for lining the cabin/firewall? I have only ever seen it for doors and speakers for sound people, never for NVH.

I know dynamat makes a very expensive roll of sound deadening stuff but im hesitant to drop that kind of money.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
No need to get dynamat, it's nothing special. I used some cheap stuff from eBay. ( New DSD 25SQFT Noise Control Auto Sound Deadener Super Stick Super Self Adhesive | eBay ) I've used similar stuff in other cars with good results. I think I will get some thicker stuff for the front half of the cabin/firewall area though. That roll did my back seats, back floors and front half of the trunk. Going to add more to the front half of the cabin and the entire trunk before it's completely done.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza OBS
12 Posts
dude thank you so much! Awesome info. I am going to go ahead and order at least 1 roll and see how it goes. Im glad to hear it works well. What used to not bother me 10 years ago, now starts to bother me. i feel like an old man and im not even 30 yet

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
I'm in the same boat, isn't stopping me from building a loud nasty externally gated car. With the stuff at the link I posted the roller is a complete joke, it broke after about 2 square feet. Honestly I really didn't need it though, it all stuck pretty well unless I forgot to wipe the dust/dirt from the panel first.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
hey man, I also have an srp and its been a long time since ive been on here, how did the hta work out? or still waiting to turn it up
Still waiting to fire it up. Got a few hurdles to jump through in my personal life before I can put this thing on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
So I took this video of my shifter linkage. Looks to me that the lower bushings bracket is tweaked fairly well. Definitely need to replace the linkage. While I was down there I started poking at some rust on the underbody. Way worse than I thought. I'm thinking about picking up some 3/8" plate and welding in a patch panel. Any thoughts?

261 - 280 of 772 Posts