Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 RS Blk Coupe 5spd
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I saw someones RS on Sunday. It used to be an L and the previous owner added a clear glass sunroof/moonroof instead of the conventional panel you can't see through. He does not know how the previous owner did it. Ive looked at old posts for this topic but they did not provide any solutions because of the battle between wut is considered a sunroof and moonroof (so I just call it sunroof/moonroof).

So, I have a 98 RS with a sunroof/moonroof. Is there a way to take off the solid moving panel that I have currently and replace it with a piece of glass?

I hope you guys understand what I am asking. I will clarify if needed.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
99 RBP Impreza RS
178 Posts
i think me means modifying the current sunroof that comes in the RS's to something that has glass, instead of the metal covering

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
sunroof= solid metal/fiberglass... not transparent

moonroof= glass/transparent

sunroof/moonroof= glass transparent with a slider that can cover the glass from the inside...

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP Coupe
1,772 Posts
^^^

Thanks for clearing that one up for me... I NEVER got that...

·
Eternally Premium
663 Posts
since the car is an L it did not come with a sunroof at all, so the PO probably took the car to a shop that installs sun/moon roofs. I know of a few in NJ, so where ever you are located look a few up and give them a call. anything can be done for a price. These are the shops that a car dealership will take a car to if it does not have a roof that someone wants, and have it done, ask a local car dealership.

Hope this helps

Andy

·
Registered
98 RS Blk Coupe 5spd
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
since the car is an L it did not come with a sunroof at all, so the PO probably took the car to a shop that installs sun/moon roofs. I know of a few in NJ, so where ever you are located look a few up and give them a call. anything can be done for a price. These are the shops that a car dealership will take a car to if it does not have a roof that someone wants, and have it done, ask a local car dealership.

Hope this helps

Andy

Ah thx for the idea! I will go the dealer today after work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts