Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS, BRP
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys this weekend im planning on doing a bunch of maintenance (which should of been done a lot earlier)

i currently have about 145k miles and im planning on doing some maintenance:
-change both valve cover & spark plug gaskets and rubber parts
-change spark plugs & wires (with rallitek wires and denso double platinum plugs) (possibly clean coil pack terminals)
-change gear and rear diff oil (with Red Line Superlight Shockproof Gear Oilfor the gear and Red Line 75w90 Gear Oilfor the rear diff)
-change pvc valve
-change fuel filter
-install borla headers

do you guys have anything else to recommend me to do?

i recently changed oil, and coolant, but other than that not much since ive bought this 2000 rs 4 months ago.

how can i clean the coil pack terminals? 2 of them are fine but the other 2 are slightly coroded

thanks

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
If you do the valve cover gaskets, do the spark plug gaskets too. Tranny fluid. Fuel filter, intake filter if they haven't been done/need to be replaced. To clean the coil pack, just use a wire brush and get them nice and shiny. I believe corrosion on the coil pack is a sign of it wearing out. After you clean it all off, recheck it after a couple thousand miles and see how it looks. If it's got the white stuff on it, you'll need to get another coil pack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts