Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru RSTI
2 Posts
Yo i'm also in the MD area. Where in MD r u located? O btw, where did you get all the trims? Im trying to get my car whole car repainted in the spring/summer time and trying to replace everything while it's out. Do u have part numbers?

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Powertrain was out of a JDM 02 WRX:

Engine: EJ205 w/ TD04 turbo, TGV's present
Transmission: TY754VBBAA 5-speed 4.444 FD with matching rear differential
ECU: GDA WRX NB A type(00.9-01.9) MT V7 5MT205 22611AF471

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The differential I received looked pretty rough, but seems mechanically sound. It was very rusty, was missing a bolt, and had a cracked differential cover. I opened it up and inspected it. I verified the tooth count to make sure it was indeed a 4.444 diff, inspected the bearings for play, and looked for any damaged or overly worn teeth. Everything looked good inside. I cleaned up all the rust and painted the housing black. I installed a new cover, oil seals, o-rings, breather cap, and all new bolts, plugs, and studs. Its looking pretty fresh.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I got the engine and transmission separated today. The flywheel and clutch look pretty rusty so I plan on replacing those. I cleaned up the transmission bell housing, and installed new output shaft and axle seals.

Any recommendations on pull-style clutches? I'm not really looking to exceed 300WHP any time soon, so I think a stage 1 organic would fit the bill nicely. This isn't going to be a race car (yet), so drivability is important. I'll be sticking with an OEM weight flywheel. I've been looking at the following:

Exedy Stage 1 Heavy Duty Organic - 319 wheel torque
ACT Heavy Duty Street - 430 crank torque
Xclutch Stage 1X Organic - 480 crank torque

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
While I'm waiting on my flywheel and slave cylinder to get here, I've been working on upgrading to the 06 WRX 4/2 pots. Instead of using the adapter brackets in the rear, I opted to replace the backing plates with the 06 WRX ones for a more OEM look. While I was down there I replaced the bearings, hubs, and parking brake shoes and components. For rotors I used Brembo 06 WRX OEM replacements.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts