Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
289 Posts
Looks great with all new mouldings. Did you buy a brand new cowl? I'm debating whether to do that or just paint the old one. The problem is the seal, which I think you can only get buy buying a brand new cowl.

Do the roof gutter mouldings, and windshield mouldings come with the clips? I think they do from what the part diagram shows..

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Good questions. As far as I could tell the seal only comes with the cowl. You could probably get some self-stick weather stripping and apply it to the old cowl if you're set on painting it. As far as clips go, some come with some without:

Rear Window Upper -> clips included
Front Window Upper -> clips included
Roof Moulding -> clips NOT included, I reused the clips that mount on the sides of the F/R windows and had to purchase new clips for the roof (broke old ones)
Cowl -> L/R clips included, middle clip and retainer NOT included, small clips that fasten through cowl and engine bay weather stripping NOT included.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
289 Posts
I'm always for new OEM parts when possible, but it adds up quick.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking the roof mouldings came with clips, so glad I asked. Does it come with the little caps that cap of the edge of the cowling? And there are two small ones that cap off the rears as well.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
This past month I've been working on some maintenance. Nothing groundbreaking or spectacular, just nagging issues that needed fixed. First I overhauled the AC system. The springs on the AC clutch broke a couple of years ago. I compensated by tightening the clutch so it was stop squealing. That fix didn't last very long and the compressor went kaput last fall. I finally got around to replacing the compressor, condensor, drier, and evaporator. While I was at it I snagged a cabin air filter kit from starscr33m on ebay. Now the AC blows cold and smells fresher than it ever has. The Four Seasons compressor I got off Rock auto seems to work well, but it is a tad noisy.

All four axles also had torn boots and the front axles were making the dreaded crackling noise under certain conditions. I opted to replace all four since I'll be moving out of state in a few weeks. I used Napa MaxDrive axles. They had mostly decent reviews on Nasioc so I took a chance.

Four Seasons compressor:

New in box air filter kit :)

Old beat up AC components:

Napa axle next to old rears:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts