Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru 2.5 RS-T BRP
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a possibility I may get a job in Mahwah, NJ... but I've heard its a bit isolated. Anybody been there or from there that can chime in?

Can you recommend close by cities to live otherwise? Any good shops in the area while we are at it?

Thanks

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Yeh, before college, i live 5 mins from mahwah, a few of my friends live there, thats my hunting ground, haha. Where you working?

Good places to live

Pearl River (my hometown) about 10 mins from mahwah
Nanuet about 6-10 minutes
Nyack 10-15min

Cheaper towns-
Spring valley 10mins this place is kinda ghetto, haha
Sloatsburg 2mins, in the mountains
Hillburn its right in mahwah
theres lots of places, just depends on the area you want to live in...

Theres lots to do around, especially like shopping, eating, malls (got like 4 of em), and if you like driving i can give you a christmas list of sweet places to drive, you got Mt Fuji in hillburn, thats a plus. Rt.17 in mahwah/ramsey is big, lots of places and shops on there, ramsey subaru is on 17, nice dealer. The dealer i worked for is Bill Kolb Jr. in orangeburg NY, best subie dealer on the east coast, if you go, talk to lateef, matt or junior, tell em joe sent you, haha. Sales guys are great, services is great and Joe and Rich in the parts department are my boys, theyll hook you up if you need stuff. Other than that, its not bad, beats living out here, sucks out here.

Shops-
Stage 2 in Haverstraw STAY AWAY unless your getting stickers or something, these guys do horrible work
Broken Motorsports in Union NJ (theyre on here too)
260 inc (my friends shop in haverstraw NY as well)
theres probably a few more but i cant remember right now.

·
Banned
SUBARUS
971 Posts
Thanks for the plug ;)

I was going to chime in on this as well and basically say what Banshee already said. So i guess there isnt much for me to say other than it is the town of Ramapo College and that i work during the days about 10 mins away in Woodcliff Lake.

_billy

·
Registered
2001 Subaru 2.5 RS-T BRP
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Does BrokenMotorsports have a dyno by any chance?

·
Premium Member
1995 Impreza L
635 Posts
I'm right down the road in Fair Lawn (jump on 208 or 17 and your there in minutes), your pretty close to NYC, it's a very nice area.

·
Registered
09 WRX Primi Hatch, DGM
38 Posts
i go to Ramapo in mahwah... You can see if the school could hook u up with some employers

·
Registered
98 rs
116 Posts
I had Porsche training in Mahwah.... I think its RT 16 or 17 is right around there...the land of only right hand turns....always having to go right before you can go left. Not a lot around, there, but not that bad of an area, clean....I stayed in a huge hotel just north of there...dam forget the name of it.... god I forget the pub name also, right in town....arghhh been too long. I liked the area, when I was there, 1 week at a time... for training.....actually miss it!...those days were fun, training all day, drinking all night...all week long talking Porsche, and hammering on rental cars...good times.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru 2.5 RS-T BRP
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well... its gonna be a 5 hour drive there... so I figured I'd tune a bit on the way there, but if there was a shop with a load bearing dyno, I could just take it there to make fine adjustments...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts