Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This falls into a "what's the dumbest thing you've done to your car" category.

I have magnacore spark plug wires, and they are notorious for falling out due to vibrations. Had them glued for the last 3 years, but changed plugs and the headache started again. Two days ago I was driving buddy to airport and missfire came on. We decided to take his car instead. I was pretty embarrassed. BUT! NEVER AGAIN!

Dont know if you guys knew, but all of your head valve-covers actually have 8x1.25 threading (it's for coils). So, i dremelled a hole in the spark plug wires and screwed them into the engine! Problem solved.

Now for the owned part...

As a good mechanic, i had to fuck with the dip stick.
*OH SHIT, I am a little short. **Run to the nearest quart of oil and dumps it into the car**

****FUCK!
1/8 quart later I realized that my brother used that particular container for antifreeze! This happened at 2am, and at 8am i had an appointment, so I had to drive with that shit in my car all day.

Any one for a milk shake?

·
Registered
This week: 2005 Legacy GT
1,014 Posts
LoL, never heard of anyone doing that before.

I wonder if that small of an amount will do anything negative.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS MBP
963 Posts
WOW thinking how corrosive anti freeze is Im guessing your bearings and crank are going to get it... quite possibly heads are going to get it with long term use... Even gaskets may get eated HAHAHAHA GL with that mang...

Eric

·
Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
591 Posts
yea but if its only a day and he changes his oil. It may not have any major long term effects. other then the engine running like shit if it gets in the pistons.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Antifreeze isn't that corrosive... that's part of the reason its used inside the metal passages of the engine and radiator, in addition to raising the boiling point of the coolant. It shouldn't be bad, change it asap though. If you're that worried, think about the guy who drained is engine oil and replaced it with water and then ran it wot until it went. (the honda on youtube)

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Antifreeze isn't that corrosive... that's part of the reason its used inside the metal passages of the engine and radiator, in addition to raising the boiling point of the coolant. It shouldn't be bad, change it asap though. If you're that worried, think about the guy who drained is engine oil and replaced it with water and then ran it wot until it went. (the honda on youtube)
I gotta see this ^^^^^

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
No offense, but if that happened to me, I'd change my oil then and there (i'd even buy some crappy 10-30 oil from a late night convenience store if need be). You changed your oil now right? Now go get some NGK wires :)

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No offense, but if that happened to me, I'd change my oil then and there (i'd even buy some crappy 10-30 oil from a late night convenience store if need be). You changed your oil now right? Now go get some NGK wires :)
I thought about it, but in all reality it's the same thing as running with a blown head gasket. ... and late night gas stations dont sell oil filters, so again, no point in changing oil w/o changing filter.

From another perspective: .1 quart for 4.7 quarts is less than 1% water... on a cold day in Utah you probably get that much in frost on the inside of your oil pan.

I'll get pics of plugs and oil tomorrow morning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts