Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to the dealer today for the maf re-call. I just got back from picking my car up. The car runs the same in 1st & 2nd, pulls alot better 3rd thru 5th. The 3000-4000 flat spot is gone. The engine seems to run alot smoother. No more snap,crackle,pop from the exhaust when letting up on the gas (Apex N1). This is the best my car has run since the day I bought it.

RallyeX
www.public.fotki.com/RallyeX

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Just had mine replaced too but I only drove 1.5 miles home so I'm not sure if it is any different. However, they do reset the ECU so that could be the reason your car is running better right now. When is the last time you reset it yourself?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ecu re-set

Every time I have re-set the ecu the car runs the same.

I have put over 300 miles since they replaced the maf and the car runs great. No flat spot, really smooth idle, pulls alot better in 3rd-5th, no exhaust snap crackle pop.

RallyeX
www.public.fotki.com/RallyeX

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
That's good to hear. I sometimes have a slight stumble on start off I'm hoping that that goes away with the new MAF.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had mine changed last week, I must say after a couple hundred miles it is much better!, I can't wait to put on my rallispec intake!

This has to be the best mod yet! no joke.:D

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I've driven a few days with my new MF now. It seems that my slight stumble when cold that came and went from time to time is now gone (so far) . I didn't notice any improvement in driving though. In fact it seemed a little slower and less snappy after the ECU reset. I'll attribute it to my PROecm chip being reset I guess.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had mine replaced last Monday, and so far the only things I've noticed is the hesitation between 3500 - 4500 is gone, and nothing else much more than that. I'm still getting the "snap crackle pop" noise coming through my exhaust (Stromung Dual Tip SS), but then again, I kinda like it :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
My car finally idles normally again, other than that, same old snaps pops and bangs (gotta love 'em from my header/cat back) no more hesitattion, but that goes away with every ECU reset.

I must admit, I was quite Impressed with Subaru this time, they had me in and out in 20 minutes from the time of my apointment!!! This was Dick Dean in Ballwin BTW.

·
Registered
313 Posts
WOW maybe this is my problem too. I WORK at a dealer and have never heard of the MAF being bad. I thouhg you can tell when a MAF goes out on you??? Man i have a huge hesistaion from 4-5 k now with my cams!!

I need to try a new MAF!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts