Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI, I know this is nothing new but, I've been seeing posts regarding the MAF recall for the 99MY but I haven't recieved one in the mail myself. I went to :

http://www.my.subaru.com/

And had a look. It seems it's just a matter of time till I get the letter in the mail. I suppose I could just call my dealer now and set something up. It looks like my car is effected too. So in short you can check there (you have to sign up and all that) and get advanced notice.

Here is a cut and paste from the info:

Program Number:
WWG90

Year of Recall: 2002

Completed / Open:
This service has not yet been performed. You can call Dale Martens Subaru at (785) 843-3522 to set an appointment today.

Program Title:
Air Flow Meter Sensor

Summary:
Subaru of America, Inc. has determined that the air flow meter sensor on your Subaru vehicle requires replacement. The air flow meter sensor is part of your vehicle’s engine/emission control system and is monitored by the On-Board Diagnostic system. Should this component operate improperly, the engine idle may become unstable and the “CHECK ENGINE” warning light will illuminate steadily while the engine is running. Please contact your Subaru dealer and schedule an appointment to replace the air flow meter sensor with replacement parts at no cost to you. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but we have taken this action to assure your vehicle’s proper performance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just received my recall notice in the mail yesterday.

I was talking to Bill (from Prestige Subaru) at a local autocross Tuesday and he says he saw one of the new replacement MAFs and the new one is a hot wire sensor, not a film!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
STiShawn said:
I have a 99 and have not recieved anything.....how do I find out if I can get in on it?
Go to http://my.subaru.com and sign up (requires a VIN number) or call your Subaru dealer and ask them if your car is part of the recall (have your VIN number handy).

·
Registered
410 Posts
STiShawn said:
Wo hooo! I got my letter saying my car has shitty parts on it!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So when do we get the letter apologizing for the paint! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts