Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about friggin' time!! I just got a letter from SOA informing me that the MAF on the '99 cars is a pos and should be replaced. There is a part on the back about sending them a receipt for the one I paid for and they will reimburse me for the repair!! I wonder what the difference is on the new ones....anyone know yet? I am making an appointment asap to get mine swapped out and maybe then I can have an intake AND have the car run for more than a few weeks!!
Doug

P.S.
I went through 3 MAFs...I am on #4 now...only paid for one, but they sure are expensive!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you have a blown MAF laying around put that on the car before the swap, that way if it blows youll have a seond as a backup.

Nate

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah, I just recently got my recall notice. From what I've heard the new "99 MAF" is a hot wire sensor now (instead of a hot film)!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i dont think its a hot wire sensor but im gonna run out and check. if it is my intake is going back on right now.

Nate:)

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Yes the new MAF, which is just the sensor part is around 45 dollars + shipping. It is actually the same part number that is stated in the first part of that page. Punch the number in at subaruparts and see for yourself.

Unless you are asking this question

Bucks = Dollars, then yes :biggest:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts