Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1998 GF8, 2003 BH9
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Hey man awesome that it runs! How did 3psi fell compared to none? Hope you didn't rev it too far..
Have you seen the new stuff on project lambda's site? Some good info on the software, bluetooth connection:
It felt faster than my Impreza for sure, but the outback has slightly more HP per ton (117.4 hp per ton for the Impreza versus 122.2 hp per ton for the Outback) in it's stock form. But I'm sure it's faster than it was.

The car did run a bit lean when I got on the throttle but I think that because it's not getting boost, so it's ending up in an area of the VE map and isn't fully refined yet as it's not a common place for the engine to be.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Adding boost should only lean it out more. Don't forget that tuning for cruising and medium load is just as important as wide open throttle. Unless you were driving at like 5000RPM+ (which I wouldn't recommend just yet without data logging and watching that knock sensor), then you might only hit 3psi at light loads pretty often so you'll want the AFR and spark dialled for these areas.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts