I was thinking of the same with going under the core support but I'm not entirely sure as it could scrape really easily without protection. I'm going to have a look at running the pipe inside the crash bar, if it's even possible.ill be going front mount on mine, 450x300x76 and run the 2.5" pipes under the radiator support bar then up. Really hoping not to cut holes anywhere.. You?
I'll be cutting a fair bit of thin crap off the rear of the bumper support, thats about it i think
Yeah it was way off, the regulator sat where the turbine is.Wow, I'll have to take a closer look at the rails on my ej251, compared to the older models your FPR sits WAAAY off the rail.
Oh that's good. I wasn't happy with the routing of the hose, so I'll probably cut the piping further back, so the hose just travel in the shortest path.You should be good without flaring, I haven't had any leaks except for when I forgot to tighten a clamp.
On that note I traveled to the wreckers after work today as I left work early. I went to get some more fuel hose clamps (for the plan as mentioned above) and a radiator hose clamp. While I was there I grabbed an aluminium thermostat housing of an EJ22. It looks like it will bolt up no issue and a replacement carpet as the one in the car is grot.
While I was there I spotted a newly place 2007 Spec B H6 and I couldn't believe the size of the front rotors. I had been going back and fourth on putting the 4/2 WRX brakes on the car as I'd prefer them on the GF8 and don't want to buy another set. I was even considering Brembos on the outback. When I spotted these I knew the solution. 316mm rotor on the BH9 with stock on the back, allowing for the 4/2 pots to be donated to the GF8 in the long term. And if they're good enough for supergramps, they're good enough for this nugget.
I still can't get over the size of these. My hand for scale.
Scale with a 16 inch WRX 5 spoke. I don't think they'll fit under.
So that was a trip that was mean to cost like $5 that cost $150. I'm happy with these as they're huge, and also weight a ton. Only downside is they won't fit under the stock rims, so they won't be installed after engineering.
I won't be back working on the car till Sunday but that day should be enough time to re-install the manifold. I gone though the journal and re uploaded the images to a larger size as I didn't realise how small they were. I finally went and caught up on the cost tracking of the project and the total so far is $1357.5 spend out of my (unrealistic) budget of $5000 (or close)
That's all for now.