Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting one of the eibach pro spring kits, does anyone know of a better kit? I want to drop the car for better handling and a more aggressive appearence since i have a decent gap in the fenders and under the front and rear bumpers. I'll probably ad a front eventually but I'd like to drop the car a little first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Eibach pro kit springs are excellent, especially matched up with KYB AGX struts.

The springs lower the car about an inch, so your not exacty "slamming" the car, but it looks good. I can say how much better the springs are for handling because I did the struts at the same time, but my car turns with no body roll, and dive and sqwat are gone.

Chris M.

·
Registered
57 Posts
no,no,no

First, I recomend saving and getting full coilovers(the best thing I've ever done)because you can adjust the height.
But...
If your going to get springs, you need struts too. If you just leave
the stock struts, they'll be blown in a couple months. Then you can bounce around corners, literally. Stock struts are not ment to ride that low, so save up and get KYB struts too. I've heard nothing but good about that setup.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so all I need for a proper drop is the kyb/agx struts combined with the eibach pro kit correct? Then I'll be all set.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh oh forgot to ask. How long do the stock struts usually last anyway? I have 66k on my 2000rs and practically all of these miles are back, bumpy, winding roads. Pardon the question since I'm new to suspension work but how can I tell if my old struts need to be trashed? Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
struts

Your struts probably have a little left. You need new ones if you car is bouncey. If your on an expressway and after you go over uneven pavement like an overpass, and you bounce for a while.
That doesn't really make sense.....
You just know....
If anyone can give a little help in explaining this.

I'm sorry, I've failed once again....

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know where you are coming from. I still have some left then because it doesn't bounce hardly at all after that type of thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts