Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· ALL THE STI PARTS
01 RSTI w/07 EJ257, Brembos
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about the past week I've felt my driving experience start to deteriorate.

My idle was already kind of low because of the short-ram intake I have, but now it's even lower, around 500 and sometimes below. Like, if I mess around with the gears enough (4EAT), for example, going from reverse to drive to neutral etc. while my foot's on the brake, it will stall.

After realizing that I've been running on mere drops (or so it seems) of tranny fluid, I dumped some in yesterday until the dipstick read full. That fixed another annoying noise/slipping problem, but didn't fix the most annoying, this rough cruising speed.

The best was I can describe it would be to say it's like I've added 300 pounds to the car. It just feels 'heavy' when my foot's off the accelerator. It will decelerate wayyyy too fast compared to what I'm used to. This really has me worried as I just got a re-built tranny about 18 months ago (don't ask why I didn't go 5-speed, I've been kicking myself since.)

So my question is, why the hell does my car feel this heavy? It's a 2000 RS with just a short-ram intake. I've reset the ECU, checked all the vacuum lines, etc.

· ALL THE STI PARTS
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any CEL's? When was your last tune-up? Possibly a bad front o2 sensor?
One of the few times I'm actually hoping a CEL comes up so at least I can scan it =(. My Dad (that bastard) drove my car for a year while I was away and put 20,000 miles on it (I'm not kidding). He said he changed one of the rear wheel bearings, but nothing else.

So since then I've been trying to keep up with the maintenance. Today the car wouldn't even start, twice. My negative battery terminal was good an corroded, so I took some sand paper to it and it started right up. Would a grounding kit help? Seems like every bold under my hood is rusted or corroded.

Anybody want to swap for a WRX? :naughty:

· ALL THE STI PARTS
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm about to go out to RadioShack to pick up some 8 gauge wire and some eye bolts to make my own grounding kit. -Every- bolt under my hood is rusted or corroded, this is wreaking havoc on my electronics.

Any other ideas?

· Registered
00 2.5RS BRP
873 Posts
what was wrong with the tranny to start with before you rebuilt it. O and don't kick yourself for not getting a 5 speed conversion...it would have costed a lot more money anyways

· ALL THE STI PARTS
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got in an accident in December of 06. Nothing was wrong with the tranny, until the body shop dropped out then engine to unbend the frame. After that my car suddenly didn't have reverse anymore, so insurance footed the bill for a rebuilt tranny. As well as a bunch of other """"OEM"""" parts ;-).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.