Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Loudest exhuast

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  f1kichigai05 
#1 ·
hey guys, whats the loudest and most unrestrictive exhaust i can buy. I currently have a borla full cat back exhaust system. It has a 2.25 piping. Is there some way i can modify this to make it the least unrestrictive? What would you do?

#5 ·
Scoobysport exhausts aren't loud at all, I've heard several. Unless you're talking about some other model, Jamie???

I say straight pipes and some muffler shop muffler with a big tip would be pretty stinkin' loud. As far as pre-made stuff, I think the Stromung stuff that Cobb used to sell was pretty loud...

#10 ·
I just put the MRT header back exhaust on my car. OMG it is freaking loud and evil sounding. I did not use the MRT axle back section at all. I used my old Magnaflow muffler and had a custom pipe bent to go from the MRT midpipe and come out the back at an upward angle. They call it JDM style I guess, but I really don't care for the term JDM. I just wanted to reduce the number of bends and keep the whole exhaust as straight and unrestrictive as possible.

#11 ·
Templar said:
I just put the MRT header back exhaust on my car. OMG it is freaking loud and evil sounding. I did not use the MRT axle back section at all. I used my old Magnaflow muffler and had a custom pipe bent to go from the MRT midpipe and come out the back at an upward angle. They call it JDM style I guess, but I really don't care for the term JDM. I just wanted to reduce the number of bends and keep the whole exhaust as straight and unrestrictive as possible.
I just put the same exhaust on Saturday... :lol:

Yes it is loud with the Greddy EVO can on it too... Unfortunately it has a leak (time for new gaskets), so when cold and under heavy acceleration, it sounds poopy...:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.