Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, whats the loudest and most unrestrictive exhaust i can buy. I currently have a borla full cat back exhaust system. It has a 2.25 piping. Is there some way i can modify this to make it the least unrestrictive? What would you do?

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Unrestrictive dosent always mean the loudest.If you wanta loud exhaust, just go steal one off a Type ARRR.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Scoobysport exhausts aren't loud at all, I've heard several. Unless you're talking about some other model, Jamie???

I say straight pipes and some muffler shop muffler with a big tip would be pretty stinkin' loud. As far as pre-made stuff, I think the Stromung stuff that Cobb used to sell was pretty loud...

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
I had a straight pipe w/ tip. It was horrible, you couldn't listen to the radio or talk. My stromung seemed so much quieter after I put it on. It seems like a Stromung drones more than even a straight pipe though..

·
Registered
'93 L wagon, '04 FXTi
1,682 Posts
Straight pipes aren't legal anywhere. A good catback should get you what youre looking for though. And headers to top it off.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I just put the MRT header back exhaust on my car. OMG it is freaking loud and evil sounding. I did not use the MRT axle back section at all. I used my old Magnaflow muffler and had a custom pipe bent to go from the MRT midpipe and come out the back at an upward angle. They call it JDM style I guess, but I really don't care for the term JDM. I just wanted to reduce the number of bends and keep the whole exhaust as straight and unrestrictive as possible.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
Templar said:
I just put the MRT header back exhaust on my car. OMG it is freaking loud and evil sounding. I did not use the MRT axle back section at all. I used my old Magnaflow muffler and had a custom pipe bent to go from the MRT midpipe and come out the back at an upward angle. They call it JDM style I guess, but I really don't care for the term JDM. I just wanted to reduce the number of bends and keep the whole exhaust as straight and unrestrictive as possible.
I just put the same exhaust on Saturday... :lol:

Yes it is loud with the Greddy EVO can on it too... Unfortunately it has a leak (time for new gaskets), so when cold and under heavy acceleration, it sounds poopy...:(

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
if you heard an SS and it wasnt loud...

then they did a shoddy job installing...

mine wakes the dead for shooo... :)
Jamie

·
Registered
2000 2.5 sedan
93 Posts
f1kichigai05.....you sure your exhaust is 2.25 inches in diameter?...I believe borla only made a 2" catback for the GC's?? Where did you buy yours? I bought mine from SPO motorsports and my midpipe is only 2"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts