Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my power windows on my 99 two door coupe with in a month of each other. Both motors are officially dead. I've been looking high and low for replacement units but finding anything for my car especially in FL / south US is extinct.
Are there any alternatives to getting my windows working again? I found a 4 door motor after looking for two months on Facebook groups and was told it wont work on my 2-door. So now I realize not only can I not just look for a GC motor but it now has to specifically be two door. As if finding anything wasn't hard enough...

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,761 Posts
just buy it brand new from the dealer.

Hint: A certain year legacy use the same window motor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just buy it brand new from the dealer.

Hint: A certain year legacy use the same window motor.
I called before I posted and was told the RS 2.5 windows are no longer available and Google doesn't show me anything in reference to your hint on the Legacy. I asked the parts dept. at two Orlando dealers and nobody cared or knew. Care to help me out with the specific year that works?

·
2.5RSMatt
126 Posts
I went through this Nov of last year with my driver coupe window. The motor was toast.

From the research I did Coupe and Sedan window motor and regulators are not interchangeable. I don't know if it has to do with the weight of the coupe window glass vs. sedan or what but it's a shame.

I would like to know the Legacy part myself if this is an option.

My suggestion is to keep an eye out for coupes being parted out and pounce. I managed to source a used motor/reg assembly (only needed the motor) after 2 weeks of searching and even then it's only got so much life left in it.

I think there's a gap in the market here for someone like Dorman to step in and release something. They offer motors for the 02+ but nothing in the classic chassis.

Try eBay also. Good luck!

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
Chances are the motor itself is used elsewhere, just a matter of spending a lot of time looking through parts catalogs/eBay/etc and trying to find the same motor. Have you tried to find markings/etc on the motor itself to identify it by? Voltage, teeth, etc can all help narrow it down.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Parts.Subaru.com shows the right side motor as being available, easy to find on eBay. Left side says it is no longer available so that one will be harder to find it seems.

There are A-1 Cardone parts on Rock Auto that interchange with the OEM part number for the left side as well.

More Information for A-1 CARDONE 474103

1 - 9 of 9 Posts