Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my car to leave work yesterday and I noticed my head unit didn't turn on, and no matter of button-pushing or anything had any effect. It worked perfectly fine when I went to get lunch 4 hours before. I checked the fuse, and it looks fine. What else could explain this? I hesitate to think the head unit could be broken, as I got it brand new only a year ago. Any thoughts?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,283 Posts
Stock radio? I had something similar and my issue was the wiring in the back was starting to short because of the angle it was at... I would check the wiring and maybe fiddle around with that.

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,283 Posts
I have a pioneer too... Same thing. I smacked it a few times and it worked. Check your power to the unit in the back, it probably got smushed

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe BRP
15 Posts
I have had something similar happen in my car, I installed a new head unit back in september and a couple times now it's just stopped turning on when I get in the car. The weird thing, is that if I take it a apart and unplug the stereo, or unhook the negative battery cable, the stereo will start back up again. I have no idea what is causing this, but it might be the same thing that happened to you.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Take the faceplate off and put it on again, sometimes one of the contacts wont contact, and you get no power.

Also, check your wiring for loose connections.

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,762 Posts
Do the face plate thing, hit the reset button (usually requires a paperclip), check fuses, check wiring, and last. Get a new head unit if it still doesn't work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.